Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    wheels2111 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 23, 2008, 10:06 PM
    Working out of state
    I am working out of state, I heard that I can write off 240 a day for 42 weeks out of the year is this true?
    MukatA Posts: 7,110, Reputation: 176
    Tax Expert

Nov 24, 2008, 04:50 AM

If you are working away from your main home for a temporary period, then you can deduct per diem expenses.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Working out of State and Tax Issues [ 9 Answers ]

Hello, I'm a IT consultant working for a company (i.e. I'm just a cog in the Man's machine, not an independent :D ) I'm currently on a long term project in another state. I generally fly in on Monday and fly out on Thursday and work from home on Friday. I get a per diem for food and reimbursed...

Working in different state than living in. [ 2 Answers ]

Hello there. I've been reading the many, many posts on different blog sites regarding my situation but unfortunately every answer is somehow different. So... I'll try again :) I work in New Jersey and lived in New Jersey up until July of 2007, when I moved to New York. My employer never...

Working out-of-state [ 2 Answers ]

I am a Texas resident and am consulting at a large California company. They want me to go Full-Time. Will I lose all my deductable expenses if I do this and still keep my primary residence in Texas? Thanks

OPT to H1b and changes in state where I was working [ 6 Answers ]

Hello all: I have a problem filling taxes. I was on Opt until Feb 2nd week and then transferred to H1b. In the mean time I was working in California till March and then moved over to NY. Here are the questions I have: 1) Should I be getting two W2s based on OPT and H1b. 2) Should there...

Working out of state [ 2 Answers ]

I am a resident of Georgia. I am employeed by an airlines in Orlando FL. I commute each week to work. Can I deduct hotel, meals and mileage expenses on my taxes and if so how much?

View more questions Search