Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Elzjn Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 23, 2008, 09:57 PM
    Invitation deadline
    How, if possible can an invitation be sent as late as 12 days before the wedding in order to assuage hurt feelings for not receiving an invitation when others did?
    starbuck8 Posts: 3,128, Reputation: 734
    Gone, But Not Forgotten

Nov 23, 2008, 10:52 PM

Double post.
    ATYOURSERVICE Posts: 246, Reputation: 13

Nov 24, 2008, 02:17 AM

If they know others receive it and they did not they will be hurt anyway.

Its not kosher, but just send it. Make it a point to thank them personally for coming.
    jjwoodhull Posts: 1,378, Reputation: 239
    Ultra Member

Nov 25, 2008, 10:42 PM
    I think that if you truly want to assuage hurt feelings, then you need to do more than send the invitation. You need to call and explain why they were originally not invited and why they now are. BE HONEST - ex. "Due to limited space in the hall, we had to cut people from our list that we really wanted to invite. However, now that some people are not coming, we are thrilled that we are able to include you." OR "Planning the wedding has been so hectic. We had every intention of inviting you, but somehow your name was left off the list. I am so embarrassed, but it was a mistake."
    starryder6 Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Nov 26, 2008, 05:54 PM

My husband and I went through the same thing. When it was one of my husband's friends I just apologized profusely and said that I mailed it to the wrong address and it got sent back. Or when we had last minute spaces to fill we called them personally and said that we hadn't received their RSVP yet. When they said they hadn't received an invite, we told them we would mail them another. Problem solved... I know its shady but better than hurt feelings.
    ZoeMarie Posts: 2,049, Reputation: 468
    Ultra Member

Nov 26, 2008, 07:44 PM

Well, this actually happened to me and my husband because we had a box of invites in the back of his car and a couple of them fell out and were under his seat. My friends parents and one of his aunts wonderd where their invites were and we found them cleaning out his car. Not that lying is a good idea, but if you meant to invite them and they got overlooked... do what you got to do. Planning a wedding is HECTIC. People should be a little more understanding in

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

401K deadline [ 1 Answers ]

My company now allows us to deposit into a 401K pre-tax. Is Dec 31 the last day I can contribute or does it extend into April for the current tax year?

ITIN and Tax Return Deadline [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I'm a residence in California. I just filled application for ITIN for my dependents together with my 1040 tax return and send it to Austin ITIN office in Texas on March 16, 2008 . Then I called the ITIN office and ask how long it will take for them to give ITIN for my dependents and they...

Individual Estmated Tax deadline [ 3 Answers ]

Is there a penalty for not sending in the ES payment in time? i.e. for 2nd qtr 2007, the deadline is June 15th, which I totally missed :) Considering that this is just an estimated, as long as I include enough $ in the payment, it should be OK?

View more questions Search