Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Dan T99a Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 23, 2008, 09:13 PM
    Burners on gas furnace shuts off so furnace blows cool air
    Last week, I woke up and the temperature on the thermostat read 65 degrees. That's a little chilly for me. The thermostat was set at 72 degrees. The furnace was blowing cool air. I removed the front panel of the furnace and the burners were not on. When reset, the electrical pilot light work fine and the burners would turn on for about 5 seconds and then go out. After about 10 seconds, the furnace would relight and go out a second time. Eventually, the burners stayed on and the furnace worked properly.

Today, I woke up (I don't know why I'm telling you I woke up... that's somewhat obvious) and again the furnace was blowing cool air. The burners would light and then shut off after 5 seconds. Eventually, I set the thermostat on 81 degrees and the burner remained lit. I reset the themostat and it seems to be working fine. I'm not a big fan of working around gas (either kinds), but I'll probably call a repairman just as a caution. Any suggestions?
    hvac1000 Posts: 14,540, Reputation: 435
    Heating & Air Conditioning Expert

Nov 23, 2008, 09:28 PM
    NO model numbers or brand but see below.

https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/heatin...or-284324.html

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Furnace blows cool air through vents [ 1 Answers ]

Ignitors never ignite and the furnace never lights.. no burnt wires, the purge switch (negative switch) works, what could be the problem??

Furnace blows cool air [ 2 Answers ]

I have a new American Standard energy efficient 2-stage furnace installed. When it kicks on the air feels cool. The house does eventually warm up to the correct temperature but I have to keep it at a higher temperature to feel warm. Do the new energy efficient furnaces kick out cooler air? My...

My furnace only blows cool air [ 2 Answers ]

I just bought a townhouse, and last weekend the furnace worked fine. Now, all that I get out of the registers is cool air. The furnace ran almost all night, but no warm air at all. What might the problem be?

Furnace blows cool air [ 1 Answers ]

My furnace is a bryant model-cacf030aza 5yrs old, natural gas,forced air the problem is that the air coming out of vents is cool air , we have central air, but we made sure that the thermostat was set to heat. In the furnace we do not see any fire at all. It is on and it blows but the air is cool...

Furnace blows cool air [ 4 Answers ]

We have a ducane gas furnace that has blown cool air ever since it was installed, which has been for at least 5 years now. The past owner of this house has covered the only cold air return in our living room floor and we have since opened or created a cold air return in the basement for the time...

View more questions Search