Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    xxariesxx Posts: 202, Reputation: 40

Nov 23, 2008, 09:03 PM
    Red, itchy marks on face/arms?
    Hey everyone. Maybe a week or so ago I started getting these little red bumps on my face, which have since spread across my chest and especially my arms. Maybe you could call them welts even. They're very itchy and sometimes swell up, and occasionally are painful if rubbing against my shirt and such. They are not noticeable marks though they are definitely there.
    I have already had the chicken pox, I don't really understand what it could be. I've been beyond tense and have been going through depression issues and other things the past few months, could it be related to stress?
    I'm seeing a doctor fairly soon for something else so I will ask about it then if it has not cleared up, just thought I would see what anyone thinks it could be.
    lthm Posts: 16, Reputation: 2

Nov 23, 2008, 10:27 PM

Scabies? Though it doesn't usually go for the face, depression might lead to unprotected oral sex and/or snuggling face-first with animals and is pretty common on chest and arms.

Nov 23, 2008, 10:34 PM
    Thanks for your response.
    I haven't been sexually active for awhile in any way, and there are no animals around for me to cuddle with (unfortunately - I miss having a dog or cat).
    I don't know about scabies, but you're right, I don't think it's that.
    southerngalps Posts: 1,334, Reputation: 112
    Ultra Member

Nov 23, 2008, 10:34 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by lthm View Post
    depression might lead to unprotected oral sex and/or snuggling face-first with animals and is pretty common on chest and arms.
    Is that a joke? Or am I confused and stupid?

Stress may be the cause.

Nov 23, 2008, 10:38 PM
    Hah. Yes I wasn't sure if it was a joke or not. I think he/she meant that depression may lead to be less careful about sexual activity or wanting to cuddle animals for comfort.
    Ultra Member

Nov 23, 2008, 10:40 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by xxariesxx View Post
    Hah. Yes I wasn't sure if it was a joke or not. I think he/she meant that depression may lead to be less careful about sexual activity or wanting to cuddle animals for comfort.
    Good thing you understood it :)

The red and itchy part sound stress related... I wonder why they are painful?

Nov 23, 2008, 10:43 PM
    I think it's only when they are in a spot that is being constantly rubbed. Like under my sleeve. I may need to just wear some looser clothing tomorrow and see if that helps.
    Otherwise it is just itchy. I did hear somewhere it could be stress related but I wasn't sure how reliable that was.
    Ultra Member

Nov 23, 2008, 10:49 PM

It could be other things as well.

Maybe a new detergant you are using.

Any camping? Been around plants?

Maybe look up skin disorders on the net and compare pics.
    messiable Posts: 29, Reputation: -1

Oct 7, 2009, 01:38 PM

It cold be an allergic reaction to materials, food etc. if u have tried something new/different that might be the cause.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How can I get rid of red marks on my face? [ 12 Answers ]

Hello to all, I would like to seek your help because I have few pimples on my face but it was already healed. The problem now, it had left a red marks on my face and I noticed it never faded out. How can I cure it? Is there any creams that can fade out red marks without peeling? I am from the...

Itchy red bumps on arms and legs [ 11 Answers ]

OK so I have had these stupid itchy bumps on my legs and arms for a little and I would like to know why, its driving me nuts, they arnt everywhere, just random places. Oh and they are all different sizes and red, just red and friggin itchy, like mosquito bites but I know there not

Red marks on face [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I had pimples few years ago and it had left red marks on my face. I tried chemical peels which helped a lot. But the problem is some msarks did not go. Looks like its very deep. Its been about 2 years now and the marks still have not gone. Can someone please suggest a way to make them go?

Marks on face [ 1 Answers ]

On the left side of my face there is some black spots just like moles, what I should do to getrid of it?:mad:

Red pin marks on veins in arms [ 1 Answers ]

My daughter (23 - a student away from home) is concerned about red marks on the veins in her arms which look like needle pricks. She does not have diabetes and has never injected anything. She noticed them previously but they disappeared. They have reappeared in the last few days. She feels...

View more questions Search