Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    liz28 Posts: 4,662, Reputation: 1034
    Ultra Member

Nov 23, 2008, 08:45 PM
    Haven't decided on a name yet!
    I was just curious to know if anyone ever had any problems deciding the name of their baby.

I am due January 1st and have done had all the things you can do while your pregnant. I got a 3d ultrasound, a teddy bear with my baby heart beat, scrapbooking everything, saving the measurements I each month, stomach mold,etc.

The only thing I can't do is pick a name. When my daughter was born I had her name picked out since I was around 3 months but this time around I can't choose. I have a pile of baby boys name but can't choose one.

Have anyone else experience this?
    southerngalps Posts: 1,334, Reputation: 112
    Ultra Member

Nov 23, 2008, 09:07 PM

Have you tried to find names that are based off your nationality?

I think it's nice and can mean something.

I know what I am naming my boy because the father recently passed away... so that made it easier to name him.

I have a good percent of irish heritage... so if it was a girl, I wanted to name her caitlyn. I was going to give her my boyfriend's middle name, which is also irish. SHANE.

These went along with my heritage.

Maybe that might help.

I've always liked the name Dorian. I think it can be unisex.
    Ultra Member

Nov 23, 2008, 09:20 PM

Sorry to hear about your son' father passing.

My fiancé is Irish and I never thought about what you said. However, I do have some names picked out but can't decide on one and by now I should.

Maybe I am putting too much into it.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Nov 23, 2008, 09:21 PM

Each time I was pregnant, the doctor claimed I was carrying a girl, so I picked out a girl's name before each baby was born. Can you guess what happened?? You're right! Both were boys.

I could not come up with a name either time. My fil's name was Ralph, and my dad's name was Erwin. Forget those names. I looked through baby name books and finally, when the nurses were getting mad that I couldn't settle on a name, I decided on Daniel, and four years later when the second boy came along, I named him Jeremy. Both were unusual at the time, but that changed...

My coworker Kate has a Lucas and now is expecting a girl. Kate changes her mind every week. Last week it was Olivia. The week before it was Eva. Kate has four months to go before she has to make up her mind.

Just be sure to name him before he starts school.
    Ultra Member

Nov 23, 2008, 09:22 PM

I would like to know what names you have picked out.
    Ultra Member

Nov 23, 2008, 09:24 PM
    Oh... and thanks very much for the condolences.
    This is his first boy. He already had two girls. He didn't know I was pregnant, and now he has a son to carry on his name.

:)
    Ultra Member

Nov 23, 2008, 09:36 PM

My doctor told me the same thing, make sure you've a namd pick out before he starts school because she asked every time I see her and now I see her every week starting next week.

I was going name him Neo but my fiancé don't like it. He is getting my father middle name which is Godwin.

Others are Skyler, Elijah, Christopher(fiance like that name), Derrick, Rasheen, Jabarri, and about 50 more.
    Ultra Member

Nov 23, 2008, 09:54 PM

I love skyler.

Christopher is good and wholesome.

That was my boyfriend's name.

Derrick is good and wholesome as well.
    Ultra Member

Nov 25, 2008, 09:48 AM

I just read your last response and my mother likes Skyler too. I guess it might be one of those things that once you first hold your baby a name will come to mind.
    mommyoftwins200 Posts: 62, Reputation: 2

Nov 25, 2008, 09:57 AM

Here's what I did, although I was the only one picking the names because the father was not involved at all. I wrote down all the names that I liked and then when my daughters were born and I took a look at them I then picked the names.
    Ultra Member

Nov 25, 2008, 10:02 AM

I did make a list but I didn't think about putting it in my bag to take with me to the hospital. I already have my bag packed and will put the list in it.
    Becca1025 Posts: 422, Reputation: 45

Nov 25, 2008, 02:17 PM

We had a hard time coming up with a name for our son. Even on the day I was induced, we still had a huge list. Well after he was born, we didn't use any of those names we had in mind. None of those names seemed to fit him, so we came up with a name we never even thought about at the time he was born. Don't worry, it will come to you when you see him.
    worriedmom1 Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Nov 25, 2008, 05:26 PM

With my daughter I couldn't decide on a name until she was 9 hours old and the nurses were presuring me to fill out the birth certificate... I finally went with Ashlynn... but for my son I had always wanted a Gavin Lane. I was set that this would be his name even though his father didn't like Gavin... and as luck would have it one night we were out eating and the server came up to us announcing his name as Cameron and we both looked at each other . So now we have an Ashlynn and Cameron and baby #3 is 6 months on his way and noooo idea what to name him.. LOL but I have found that reading the credits of movies is a good place to get a lot of name ideas really fast... I just try to open my ears instead of racking my brain! Good luck!
    Ultra Member

Nov 25, 2008, 05:34 PM

I read the credit too for name and I always use to say that if I had a boy I would name him Kneeves. But I guess I wait and see and I only have 1 month to go.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Well I'm doing all right and we decided to be friends [ 5 Answers ]

SORRY THIS IS SO LONG: VERY IMPORTANT NEED HELP!But I ran into a serious issue that I didn't realize existed until yesterday. We were talking on the phone(we broke up about 2 weeks ago) and we were talking about some of the reasons we broke up and I discovered perhaps the biggest reason she broke...

My Dog Decided Not to Eat Much [ 2 Answers ]

Recently my fiancé and I have been living away from our 1 1/2 year old Chocolate Lab, only until our house gets finished being built. She lives at his parents house outside (which she's not used to). We visit her at least three times a week. She has been there for about 2 weeks and just decided...

What happens when you have decided you are a bad person? [ 8 Answers ]

No one sets out to be a "bad" person... and yet, we run across them, or at least our interpretation of them, all the time. Do you think that they think they are bad people, or do they have justifications for their actions? I have lately begun lumping myself in this category. I can no longer make...

My 17 why.o. Son has decided not to come home again [ 1 Answers ]

This is the 3rd time that he has not come home. 1st time it was for a week. I called and reported him as a runaway, he claimed that I kicked him out, which was NOT the case. He came home, and things seem to be better. The 2nd time was about a month later and was for 4 days. Again he came home and...

Ex confused, and now decided another man [ 2 Answers ]

Lets do this quick Im 19, She's 18, Both in same college but don't really make much contact now other than MSN We meet by a mutual friend that knew us, we instantly fell in love, we had a 2 years and 6 months relationship: The problem? Mine, I was selfish, lacked romantic details, lacked...

View more questions Search