Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    dadakyleb Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 23, 2008, 08:22 PM
    New Honeywell thermostat wiring
    I am replacing my old Honeywell (q675 subbase) with a new Honewell FocusPro TH6220D.
    I have a RUUD heatpump with a RUUD electric furnace.

It looks as though there are some wiring differences between the old and the new one.

The old thermostat had the following wires connected.

X (Brown) -- "Clogged filter switch or common connection"
    E (White) -- "Emergency Heat Relay:
    G (Green) -- "Fan Relay"
    R (Red) -- "Power connection to transformer"
    B (Blue) -- "Changeover Valve"
    Y (Yellow) -- "Compressor Contactor"

The descriptions of the connections are from a manual for the q675 I found online.

Based on this I suspect that the connection is made in the following way on the new one.

Old Terminal Color New Terminal
    X (Brown) C
    E (White) E
    G (Green) G
    R (Red) R
    B (Blue) G
    Y (Yellow) Y

Does this look correct?

This basically means that the only change for honeywell was X is now C. I don't know if this is standardized in the HVAC world, or just a Honeywell terminal naming convention. In any case I have heard that if you miss wire these things it can cause major problems.
    hvac1000 Posts: 14,540, Reputation: 435
    Heating & Air Conditioning Expert

Nov 23, 2008, 09:32 PM
    Looks good

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Wiring a honeywell thermostat [ 7 Answers ]

I have a weathertron by trANE AND I HOOKING UP A HONEYWELL PRO TH 3000 SERIES I NEED TO KNOW THE conversion of the WIRES between the two thermostat . PLEASE HELP ask if you need more imfor

Wiring honeywell thermostat [ 2 Answers ]

Dear sir, I purchased a honeywell digital thermostat, non programmable, and replacing the honeywell mechanical. The prooblem is i used terminals g y o w2on the old the new has e aux ygolrbc,i can hook up the gyo but,where does the brown wire go.the new honeywell is for heat pump also th321od ...

Honeywell Thermostat Wiring [ 2 Answers ]

My son had a Honeywell Simple Comfort 3001 thermostat zapped during a thunderstorm. He purchased a Honeywell RTH230B to replace it. The 3001 had wires going to 5 terminals: RC, G, Y, W, C. The 230B has 5 terminals but two of them are bridged: RH and RC bridged, G, Y, W. Where do we connect...

Honeywell thermostat wiring [ 5 Answers ]

I've seen similar questions, but I need exact instructions. My old thermostat is wired as follows: W-Blue wire G-Green wire R-Red wire C-White wire Y-Yellow wire New thermostat has: Rh

View more questions Search