Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    itsanija Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 14, 2006, 04:57 AM
    Hi Littlegenie,

I am planning to buy Melederma and am in UK. Can you please tell me from which website you bought the product?

Aniya
    Littlegenie Posts: 17, Reputation: 1

Jul 15, 2006, 05:18 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by muna
    hello littlegeni, could u provide us with their website if u have it? thanks
    Hi

This is the website that I ordered it from, its based in the USA :

http://www.civantskin.com/products.html
    itsanija Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 15, 2006, 05:26 AM
    Thanks LittleGenie!

Jul 15, 2006, 12:39 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by raid192
    Hey genie thanks for the link. That C2 stuff seems popular but kind of expensive. I think ill try out the melederm first. Basically i only have some discoloration on the bridge of my nose and under my eyes. If I use the stuff all over my face do you think I'll get an even skin tone? Or should I just put it on the dark areas? Id really like to put it all over my face but im afraid i wont get an even skin tone. Also can I use the stuff on the rest of my body. I got a little farmers tan I dont like =/
    Hi raid192

If you use it all over your face then you will lighten the skin all over your face at the same pace, which means that the darker skin on your face will never catch up with the rest of your face. I suggest you use it just on the darker skin to start with and once you achieve the desired colour, start applying it all over your face.
    I wouldn't suggest using melederm for your whole body because its only a small jar and it won't last you long at all... the jar is just enough to use on your face for a month. Trust me I know because I'm using it too... iv been using it for just over 2 weeks and half of its gone!!
    I'm going to see what kind of results I get once I'v finished the jar and then decide if its worth buying again. The thing is that I can't afford to spend £32.00 ($49.99) a month just on my face. I think my skin is lighter but I'll know for sure from pics if its for real or if I'm imagining it!! :confused:
    I'm thinking of buying a cream with 2% hydroquinone in to lighten my arms a little... I don't mind using it on my body but never on my face.

On the other hand if you would like to try a natural skin lightening/brightening method then mix a teaspoon of tomato juice, a few drops of lemon juice, a pinch of turmeric powder and a little gram flour, enough to make a paste. Apply this paste to the under-eye area, and wash off after fifteen minutes, Be careful though – the yellow colour of turmeric tends to stain the face, so do this before going to bed. And don't be tempted to add more than a pinch.

This worked a treat for me. You see lemon is a natural skin bleach. If you get skin irritation try not to leave the paste on for as long.
    sharon1 Posts: 52, Reputation: 1

Jul 16, 2006, 10:29 PM
    I for one can say that Melederm is a GREAT product. Though I do not use it anymore, I did in the past and it did exactly what it claimed. I even saw results within just a few weeks like they promised. The only downside was that I got a few breakouts in the first few days, but they disappeared after about a week. I think maybe my skin needed some time to adjust. Anyway, I would recommend you try it. Worst thing that could happen is that you will have to get a refund right?

Jul 17, 2006, 01:49 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by sharon1
    I for one can say that Melederm is a GREAT product. Though I do not use it anymore, I did in the past and it did exactly what it claimed. I even saw results within just a few weeks like they promised. The only downside was that I got a few breakouts in the first few days, but they disappeared after about a week. I think maybe my skin needed some time to adjust. Anyway, I would recommend you try it. Worst thing that could happen is that you will have to get a refund right?
    Hi sharon1

I must agree with you... it is a great product. Even if it doesn't end up lightening my skin, its made it so beautifully smooth. I'v got combination skin and some parts of my face were always oily and shiny. But this cream is fabulous its got rid of all the shine while moisturizing at the same time, its also an excellent base for make-up. I'm tempted to carry on using it indefinitely! :rolleyes:
    raid192 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jul 17, 2006, 06:01 AM
    Thanks Littlegenie for your help. What your saying makes perfect sense and I plan to follow it. It is ashame that the stuff goes so fast because I had planned on putting on the rest of my body to have a nice even skin tone. Though going by what you say, I'd probably end up using 10 jars. It's very unfortunate that the company discontinued their body lotion. I emailed the company about it and they replied that their customers reported much better results using melederm cream on areas of their body. Anyway I was wondering what your going to use on the rest of your body. I may just get a bunch of melederm so I'll have enough to put all over.
    Meena221 Posts: 33, Reputation: 1

Jul 18, 2006, 10:57 PM
    How many shades did you lightened up and how long did it take to see results? How permnant are the results? Did you use the melederm or the old whiterskin formula? Do you have any before and after pictures?
    flawfull but hopeful!x Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Jul 19, 2006, 01:32 AM
    Hi littlegenie, sorry not replied earlier to your message that you sent me, it has been so hot in uk and its annoying that id rather be inside to stay away from the sun. I have been trying to protect myself with spf 50. I was just wondering how the cream is going and whether its lightened your skin at all? From what I can tell it is a very good cream, am I right?

Jul 19, 2006, 07:48 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Meena221
    how many shades did you lightened up and how long did it take to see results? How permnant are the results? Did you use the melederm or the old whiterskin formula? Do you have any before and after pictures?

I used the old whiterskin formula. But I've read that melederm is actually better. I think my skin lightened 2-3 shades but I also noticed that it looks a lot more uniform in color. Like Littlegenie was saying, it does make your skin feel really smooth. I stopped using it because its too expensive for me to keep up. I've been using sunblock and moisturizer and my skin hasn't redarkened. If I notice any redarkening I might try the new version.
    babyfat Posts: 15, Reputation: 1

Jul 23, 2006, 10:27 AM
    I used the old whiterskin formula. But I've read that melederm is actually better. I think my skin lightened 2-3 shades but I also noticed that it looks alot more uniform in color. Like Littlegenie was saying, it does make your skin feel really smooth. I stopped using it because its too expensive for me to keep up. I've been using sunblock and moisturizer and my skin hasnt redarkened. If I notice any redarkening I might try the new version.

I hvnt seen no darkning either. I used it to lighten my whole face up and it was the best cream I tried so far. I went through like 2 tubs of it in the first month. Now I go easy and maybe put it on 2 or 3 times a week. My face is still nice and light. I just started using it on my chest and arms last week.

By the way I am a medium dark complexon. I get very dark in the summer but much liter in the winter.

Jul 24, 2006, 03:04 PM
    Hi guys

I'v been using the Melederm cream for nearly a month now and I can definitely see an improvement in my complexion. Nothing drastic mind, but enough to make me feel confident enough to walk out without foundation. I feel my skin is more of a uniform colour.. I just dust some loose powder on my face and off I go! Its like your still the same old you.. but better, do you understand what I mean?
    I think I will buy another tub to maintain my results... I still have a problem with my dark circles though and I don't think anything will be able to fix them.. :( I guess I'm going to have to think of a clever make-up trick to hide them.
    hindude Posts: 52, Reputation: 4

Jul 24, 2006, 03:18 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Littlegenie
    Hi guys

I'v been using the Melederm cream for nearly a month now and i can definitly see an improvement in my complexion. Nothing drastic mind, but enough to make me feel confident enough to walk out without foundation. I feel my skin is more of a uniform colour..i just dust some loose powder on my face and off i go! Its like your still the same old you..but better, do you understand what i mean?
    I think i will go ahead and buy another tub to maintain my results...i still have a problem with my dark circles though and i dont think anything will be able to fix them..:( i guess i'm gona have to think of a clever make-up trick to hide them.
    Are you lightening youwhole fae or just spots? I used melederm to lighten my entire face and neck a few shades
    flowerchildnea Posts: 44, Reputation: 2

Jul 26, 2006, 08:22 PM
    Hi,
    I have been the most fascinated with this specific forum. I have been researching the Civantskincare for a few days now. And I am so scared to try it. I don't like wasting my money, and most of all I don't like being dissapointed.
    This actually isn't about me though, its about you Littlegenie.
    I to suffer from dark circles. Mine aren't puffy or anything, but they definitely are purplish, and they are noticeable. I don't wear a lot of make up, in fact, I go a lot without make up, but whenever I want to look nice, I always find myself trying to cover up my bags with light compact powder (anything else makes me break out).
    So what Im here for is to let you know that Civant Skincare sells this eye cream on their site. Its easy to miss if your not looking for it, but I think it would probably work, and I think you should look into it. It goes with the whitening cream, so you shouldn't have to worry about mixing products. Im not to worried about my bags, so Im not going to buy it. Its kind of expensive for a small little 0.5 oz jar. But you probably don't need much anyway cause its only for use under the eyes.
    There is a deal though. Its buy 2 get one free. If I ever bought the stuff, that's what I would do, being as it is that the whole treatment is effective after about 12 weeks. And the buy 2 get one free is a 9 week treatment. You will see results in like 2-3 weeks, but the bags are supposedly completely gone after the 12 weeks. I got this information about the 12 weeks just by doing math according to the charts that were given to show the effects.
    I know you said you were going to order some more of the whitening cream so maybe when you go on the site you can check out the eye cream. Here's the site I have been on, so you can check it out: http://www.civantskin.com/products.html

Im going to go with the $144 dollar bonus pack, that sells the eye cream and everything else as well. That way if I like it Im going to buy 2 more, and get the last one free, and that would be 12 weeks of treatment right there. And ill save a little by doing it that way.

Does anyone have any feedback to give me before I decide to spend my money on this product. I don't just want a clearer brighter complexion. I already have an even clear complexion. I just simply want whiter skin. Would you recommend this product for me? Or do you think I should use something else, if I want to be whiter. I am a medium olive, kind of like the color of a deeply tanned whiter person. Im actually lighter than some of my deeply tanned white friends. I want to go like 2-4 shades whiter, but just on my face, because its exposed to the sun the most.
    Would you guys recommend that I use this product on my face to get whiter. Also little genie, do you have any before and after pics of your melederm experience.

Jul 27, 2006, 03:16 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by flowerchildnea
    Hi,
    I have been the most fascinated with this specific forum. I have been researching the Civantskincare for a few days now. And I am so scared to try it. I dont like wasting my money, and most of all I dont like being dissapointed.
    This actually isnt about me though, its about you Littlegenie.
    I to suffer from dark circles. Mine arent puffy or anything, but they definately are purplish, and they are noticeable. I dont wear a lot of make up, in fact, I go a lot without make up, but whenever I want to look nice, I always find myself trying to cover up my bags with light compact powder (anything else makes me break out).
    So what Im here for is to let you know that Civant Skincare sells this eye cream on their site. Its easy to miss if your not looking for it, but I think it would probably work, and I think you should look into it. It goes with the whitening cream, so you shouldnt have to worry about mixing products. Im not to worried about my bags, so Im not going to buy it. Its kind of expensive for a small little 0.5 oz jar. But you probably dont need much anyways cause its only for use under the eyes.
    There is a deal though. Its buy 2 get one free. If I ever bought the stuff, thats what I would do, being as it is that the whole treatment is effective after about 12 weeks. And the buy 2 get one free is a 9 week treatment. You will see results in like 2-3 weeks, but the bags are supposedly completely gone after the 12 weeks. I got this information about the 12 weeks just by doing math according to the charts that were given to show the effects.
    I know you said you were going to order some more of the whitening cream so maybe when you go on the site you can check out the eye cream. Heres the site I have been on, so you can check it out: http://www.civantskin.com/products.html

Im going to go with the $144 dollar bonus pack, that sells the eye cream and everything else as well. That way if I like it Im going to buy 2 more, and get the last one free, and that would be 12 weeks of treatment right there. And ill save a little by doing it that way.

Does anyone have any feedback to give me before I decide to go ahead and spend my money on this product. I dont just want a clearer brighter complexion. I already have an even clear complexion. I just simply want whiter skin. Would you recommend this product for me? or do you think I should use something else, if I want to be whiter. I am a medium olive, kind of like the color of a deeply tanned whiter person. Im actually lighter than some of my deeply tanned white friends. I want to go like 2-4 shades whiter, but just on my face, because its exposed to the sun the most.
    Would you guys recommend that I use this product on my face to get whiter. Also little genie, do you have any before and after pics of your melederm experience.
    Hi

I would recommend using this product because it does lighten the skin. Slowly but surely! It might take a long time if you intend to lighten your skin several shades and you must also keep in mind that what works for one person may not necessarily work for another.
    I have some pics and I will try to post them soon, I want to wait until the lightening is significant enough to be compared with previous pics. I'll keep you posted.

Jul 27, 2006, 01:18 PM
    Thanks,
    And yes, I do know that the texture and color of the skin are highly significant factors when it comes to something like changing the color of the skin. Whether your tanning, or whitening.
    That's why I asked you what color you were, what race you were, and another question is how easily do you tan? I tan in within minutes of being in the sun, but when I stay out of the sun, I get significantly lighter. But I still get affected by indirect sun... heat tans my skin just as easily, maybe not as fast or as much as direct sun, but it does. UVA rays are like the direct sunlight which I think is the cause of cancer and other skin problems, and UVB rays are the ones that penetrate deep into the skin causing tanning, and burning. UVB rays are the ones that are carried in the heat of the sun, and whether your sitting under an umbrella or in the shade under a tree, you may still get a fairly decent tan because of the UVB rays that are everywhere.
    Sunscreen screens out UVA rays from causing cancer, but it still allows you to tan. And sunblocks (hence the word block) blocks out both UVA and UVB rays from tanning, and from harming the skin.
    Well I don't know why I just wrote all that, hahaha, I guess I was just feeling informative. Anyway, I appreciate your feedback. I am looking forward to your results. Also did you find the information about the eye complex on Civant skincares website helpful. I hope so, and if you try it, I would also like to know your results.
    sole_discretion Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 28, 2006, 08:36 AM
    Please don't waste your money on this product. It didn't work for me and after 30 days of faithful everyday use, I tried to return it and they wouldn't take it back. They want a postmark within 30 days after you get an RMA number from them. That means you don't have 30 days to try the product but more like three weeks. You have to wonder about a company who makes so many claims about a product and give you a hard time about a thirty day policy. Most other companies who have a very good product always accept returns because they understand a number things which I don't need to go into.Don't waste your money or time on this one. Please! :mad:

Jul 28, 2006, 12:33 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by flowerchildnea
    Hi,
    I have been the most fascinated with this specific forum. I have been researching the Civantskincare for a few days now. And I am so scared to try it. I dont like wasting my money, and most of all I dont like being dissapointed.
    This actually isnt about me though, its about you Littlegenie.
    I to suffer from dark circles. Mine arent puffy or anything, but they definately are purplish, and they are noticeable. I dont wear a lot of make up, in fact, I go a lot without make up, but whenever I want to look nice, I always find myself trying to cover up my bags with light compact powder (anything else makes me break out).
    So what Im here for is to let you know that Civant Skincare sells this eye cream on their site. Its easy to miss if your not looking for it, but I think it would probably work, and I think you should look into it. It goes with the whitening cream, so you shouldnt have to worry about mixing products. Im not to worried about my bags, so Im not going to buy it. Its kind of expensive for a small little 0.5 oz jar. But you probably dont need much anyways cause its only for use under the eyes.
    There is a deal though. Its buy 2 get one free. If I ever bought the stuff, thats what I would do, being as it is that the whole treatment is effective after about 12 weeks. And the buy 2 get one free is a 9 week treatment. You will see results in like 2-3 weeks, but the bags are supposedly completely gone after the 12 weeks. I got this information about the 12 weeks just by doing math according to the charts that were given to show the effects.
    I know you said you were going to order some more of the whitening cream so maybe when you go on the site you can check out the eye cream. Heres the site I have been on, so you can check it out: http://www.civantskin.com/products.html

Does anyone have any feedback to give me before I decide to go ahead and spend my money on this product. I dont just want a clearer brighter complexion. I already have an even clear complexion. I just simply want whiter skin. Would you recommend this product for me? or do you think I should use something else, if I want to be whiter. I am a medium olive, kind of like the color of a deeply tanned whiter person. Im actually lighter than some of my deeply tanned white friends. I want to go like 2-4 shades whiter, but just on my face, because its exposed to the sun the most.

The melederm cream is good to lighten the whole skin up. But for some reason when you email them asking about lightening your entire face or body, they tell you that its not meant for that but supposed to be just for lightening dark spots and stuff. Also, I don't know if the eye cream is as good as the skin whitener. The eye cream gave me a little stinging sensation and I think was too strong for my skin.

Solediscretion: I find it strange that they wouldn't take it back. I returned 2 jars of the eye cream to them and they took it back no problem. I used them both for more than 3 weeks. Correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't 30 days after getting an RMA number actually mean you have a longer time to try the product?

Anyway, flowerchildnea, I would say don't spend the money just yet on the entire kit. First of all you don't really need to use their toner and cleanser. If you're like me, you probably already have a cleasner and toner that you regularly use. Also the eye cream might be too strong for the skin around the eyes. I think just order the Melederm product since that's the best thing they sell. There is a eye cream called Teamine which I hear is really good. It's made by a different company and you can find it online by Google.
    NikkiS Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Jul 28, 2006, 02:04 PM
    I just started using Melederm 9-10 days ago. I wanted to know what sunscreen do you recommend to use on top after applying the cream? I have noticed already that the acne spots on my chin and the dark "mustache" above my lip are getting lighter. Its only been 10 days so I am VERY happy so far! Right now I am using COTZ SPF 58 which blocks EVERYTHING. However, I really hate putting it on since it makes my skin look ashy and grey (I am medium dark skinned). If anyone has a recommendation to a sunblock that is both light and strong, please advise me! THANKS

Jul 28, 2006, 03:48 PM
    Nikki,
    I used to go to this website last summer. It "seemed" to be the best sunblock on the market... well from what Ive seen. It was the only SPF 100 that I had ever found, and not only does it completely block the sun, it also stops pigmentation. Here's the site: http://www.delivereddeals.com/biosun.asp
    I tried buying some last summer, but I was never able to, because they were all out of stock. And sometimes to me when something's out of stock, that means its probably good.
    But yeah. I recommend that you go to a doctor, or a dermatologist before finding a sunblock that's going to work with melederm. 2 chemicals sometimes don't do good things for the skin. I suggest that you try to stay out of the sun, as often as possible... unless you have to go in it. And if you do, you should find a "face" sunblock, for the face only. Those tend to be milder, and less greasy, but also less affective. Its up to you.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Melederm [ 27 Answers ]

Hi guys, I received my tub yesterday I used it before I went to sleep and again this morning but I had a crappy day, my skin was very greasy from the sun block I kind of over did it abit for fear that I may waste the cream and the effort. I want to know I'm using SPF 50+ just in case, but do I...

What's the deal with Melederm? [ 1 Answers ]

Does it actually lighten your skin or is it just a waste of money like everything else? I need to use it around my eyes (mainly under my eye brows) and I asked a Rep from the website and she said it was OK to use as long as you don't use it on the actual eyelids. Seeing how she IS a Rep for the...

Melederm [ 1 Answers ]

Hi littlegenie I'm very keen to find out how melederm has worked for you please I must know have you seen any results.

View more questions Search