Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    graspafury2 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 23, 2008, 12:54 PM
    Restore a laptop to factory w/out disks
    I have acquired a laptop and need to know how to restore the factory defaults on a acer travelmate 2410 without the restore disk.
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Nov 23, 2008, 01:00 PM
    You can't.
    While you may not have the original restore disc's a Microsoft XP disc would do a good job as you would be reinstalling the operating system.

Either way you need discs to do this.
    jacko1982 Posts: 8, Reputation: 1

Nov 23, 2008, 02:54 PM

The laptop might have a program in windows that restores the laptop to its original settings, like dell laptops do they have a separate partion on the hard drive
    jdbennet Posts: 15, Reputation: 2

Nov 26, 2008, 11:17 PM

Yeah so does my IBM. On mine I hit F11 / the IBM help button and it launches the hidden recovery partition
    Ferghus Posts: 97, Reputation: -4

Nov 26, 2008, 11:37 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by graspafury2 View Post
    I have aquired a laptop and need to know how to restore the factory defaults on a acer travelmate 2410 without the restore disk.
    I've worked on lots of laptops over the years. Here's what you do. First you need an OS disk, hopefully WinXP will work. Install it. Now, you may have to do all this on another computer... go to Acer's website, look for DOWNLOADS, or input your laptop's model number etc to their search box and find the page that has Drivers for your model laptop. Download the display driver, NIC driver, modem driver, mouse, keyboard... whatever drivers are listed for that laptop. Transfer these drivers to the laptop using a USB jump drive, or burn then to a CD, etc... I'm not going to go on and on about how to install the drivers... but am just telling you that I've never had a problem finding the drivers for any laptop I've ever worked on.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Re set my laptop to factory settings [ 3 Answers ]

Hi can anyone tell me how to reset a laptop to its factory setting if you have none of the original discs all I have is the laptop and want to get rid of all the excess junk on it

System restore won't restore [ 5 Answers ]

Can anyone help me to restore to earlier point, each time I try it goes through motions then say canot restore.:confused:

System restore - unable to restore [ 2 Answers ]

I have tried to use the system restore. It keeps coming back cannot be restored. I have created a date and then tried to restore and still says it is unable to restore. Any suggestions?

View more questions Search