Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    sumz Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 23, 2008, 08:40 AM
    Senior Citizens:
    This is a questionnaire for old people can you please fill it out?

I am a student who is currently studying at University, I am doing a project on older people and have to design a new service, network or other solution that would benefit older people experiencing or vulnerable to loneliness and isolation and that would help to improve their emotional and general well being.

1) What is your age?

2) Do you live on your own?

3) Does your family visit you?

4) What means of transport do you use to go out?

5) What places do you go out to?

6) Do you use any type of technology such as mobile phones, internet etc?

7) Do you feel there are enough services out there for you?

8) What is your General health like?

9) Are their any other problems that you have?

Thank you for taking the time to fill out this questionnaire

Can you write at the end if yor male or female please thanks and can some more people fill it in please thank you

Target audience- over 60
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Nov 23, 2008, 09:46 AM

Hi, sumz!

I'm not over 60, but am between the ages of 50 and 60. I can appreciate your question. Would it be okay if I answered your questionnaire? A lot of the questions could pertain to a person who is retired; kids are grown and on their own; being without a spouse and having problems because of being isolated in some way. That being said, I might fit a target population to whom you're trying to direct your questionnaire regarding the research that you're doing.

Around where I live though, this sort of questionnaire might be appropriate for those who are over the age of 85+.

What I'm saying is, that there might be a better word for you to use than "old" and that there might be an even larger targeted populace for you to consider.

What were the specific instructions that were given to you by your instructor, please?

Thanks!
    sumz Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 23, 2008, 11:38 AM
    [QUOTE=Clough;1389562]Hi, sumz!

I'm not over 60, but am between the ages of 50 and 60. I can appreciate your question. Would it be okay if I answered your questionnaire? A lot of the questions could pertain to a person who is retired; kids are grown and on their own; being without a spouse and having problems because of being isolated in some way. That being said, I might fit a target population to whom you're trying to direct your questionnaire regarding the research that you're doing.

Around where I live though, this sort of questionnaire might be appropriate for those who are over the age of 85+.

What I'm saying is, that there might be a better word for you to use than "old" and that there might be an even larger targeted populace for you to consider.

What were the specific instructions that were given to you by your instructor, please!

Well I basically have to found out what target audience is most affected by isolaiton, and what makes them isolated.
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Nov 25, 2008, 07:28 AM

Yes, some might take exception to 'old people'. Please change your terminology it is a little derrogatory as some elderly are in such good shape, they don't consider themselves as 'old'. I am 66 and still working and have never felt better !

However, as I take care of the elderly (80 plus) in their homes, 95% are isolated because of medical issues and injury.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Nov 25, 2008, 07:34 AM
    The term "old people" is subjective. I know of people who are 30 that I consider old and people as old as 75 that I consider young. As has been mentioned, it can be considered derogatory.
    lawanwadee Posts: 3,653, Reputation: 124
    Immigration Expert

Nov 25, 2008, 05:21 PM

I stop counting number since I was 25... :D
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Dec 16, 2008, 02:25 PM
    I feel younger at 53 than I did at 23. But I would be glad to answer your questionnaire

1) What is your age? 53

2) Do you live on your own? Usually not

3) Does your family visit you? Rarely

4) What means of transport do you use to go out? Vehicles that I can't trust to not break down. Usually broke down more often than not

5) What places do you go out to? To make money and local grocery store

6) Do you use any type of technology such as mobile phones, internet etc? Yes

7) Do you feel there are enough services out there for you? Basically

8) What is your General health like? Really good

9) Are there any other problems that you have? Life, lack of money and reliable vehicle.

Thank you for taking the time to fill out this questionnaire

Can you write at the end if your male or female please thanks and can some more people fill it in please thank you
    Female

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Bankrupsy and senior citizens [ 4 Answers ]

My question to you is I have a personal friend ,who is a senior citizen and co signed on a car note. The car was repossessed after a short time,now the are taking her to court to pay 14,000 her only source of income is social security,she has no car no home,no assets She wants to file...

Health insurance for Senior Citizens [ 3 Answers ]

I'm looking for a Health Insurance policy in INDIA to cover my Family of 3 and my Senior Citizen Parents. Can any Insurance company in INDIA, cover my parents as well who are above 60 yrs of age, and proved a cover to the entire family.

Senior Citizens Daycare [ 2 Answers ]

What is the success and failure rate of a senior citizens daycare (adult daycare)?

Senior citizens on social security [ 4 Answers ]

One senior receives $26,000 married filing joinly. The wife has no income. Of the $26,000 only $11,000 is taxable pension, the rest is social security. If he Wanted to itemized he would have $5,000 mortgage interest/3 exemptions (son also over 18) filing joinly is $17,500 But what is the...

Senior citizens tax rebate [ 4 Answers ]

I think I have the necessary information. Seniors on only social security income and make over $3,000 must file a tax form to get their $300.00 rebate. The sample tax form 1040a. Besides the label part and signing the form. You just need to fill in line 14E and send a copy of your 1099 and...

View more questions Search