Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    3s77d5y Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 22, 2008, 08:04 PM
    Kenmore Elite H3 model 110 gas dryer, burnt smell
    I just started to run my dryer when I noticed a burnt smell coming from the laundry room. That was the only thing running (less than 10min). It doesn't seem to smell from behind the unit but it does inside. I always change lint before/after every use. Any idea's?
    hvac1000 Posts: 14,540, Reputation: 435
    Heating & Air Conditioning Expert

Nov 30, 2008, 02:15 AM
    You could have had a small lint fire and the best thing to do is check the pipes for the vent and make sure they are clean without lint clog. Also you can remove the front panel and check to see if any signs of burning exist.

Sometime a belt will also slip causing a burning smell but if the dryer is working OK that is not the problem.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Model # of Kenmore Elite Catalysts Washer set to Kenmore 110.60936990 dryer from 1999 [ 3 Answers ]

I am experiencing weird problems with my top of the line Kenmore Elite Catalysts washing machine. I bought the washer and dryer as a pair for about $1700 in 1999. The dryer model # is 110.60936990 but the sticker has worn off the washer so I do not know the model #. I think it could be...

Kenmore Elite Dryer Model #110.60936990 not getting hot [ 2 Answers ]

I have a Kenmore Elite Dryer Model #110.60936990 and it is not heating up. When you press the start button and let go the dryer will start but then it stops right then, but if you hold the start button it will continue to run until you let the button go and it will not get hot while holding the...

Kenmore Elite Dryer Model 110.60942990 [ 3 Answers ]

My Kenmore Elite Dryer Model 110.60942990 will not heat up. I cannot get the back off to check the element. Please help!

Kenmore Elite Dryer HE3 Model Not Working [ 2 Answers ]

We have the Kenmore Elite Dryer, Model HE3. It stopped drying over the weekend. I thought lint had collected either in the vent or the roof exit flapper vent, but neither was the case. I also checked the fuse box. I get a P4 reading (I believe) but I don't have a manual to refer to to see what...

View more questions Search