Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    55voges Posts: 22, Reputation: 1

Nov 22, 2008, 05:11 PM
    Sony Vegas 7.0
    I make videos and use Sony Vegas 7.0 but the thing is when I render my video with picture seleted to best and video quality to 100% and I get a video, that is short like lets say 7 or 10 minutes, that is about 400mb+! I don't think that's right, doesn't anyone know why the size comes out so huge?
    JBeaucaire Posts: 5,426, Reputation: 997
    Software Expert

Nov 23, 2008, 12:41 AM

What file format are you using? 400 megs for a 10 minute video doesn't sound unusual at all.
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Nov 23, 2008, 12:50 AM
    Just following on from JB's post.
    Here's your answer:
    i render my video with picture seleted to best and video quality to 100%
    Reducing the quality will reduce the overall file size.

What are you thinking of displaying this on ?
    Bear in mind that SD TV resolution is very low sub 400x300 (I forget the exact res) so would produce a small file.
    From what you have posted it looks like you are trying to produce a file in excess of 1080 HD in quality.

Nov 25, 2008, 04:33 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by JBeaucaire View Post
    What file format are you using? 400 megs for a 10 minute video doesn't sound unusual at all.

I'm using .wmv, it' because I have videos that are 18 minutes long that are about 130mb without increasing quality though. It just seems kind of weird.

Nov 25, 2008, 04:36 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Curlyben View Post
    Just following on from JB's post.
    Here's your answer:

Reducing the quality will reduce the overall file size.

What are you thinking of displaying this on ?
    Bear in mind that SD TV resolution is very low sub 400x300 (I forget the exact res) so would produce a small file.
    From what you have posted it looks like you are trying to produce a file in excess of 1080 HD in quality.
    On a regular TV.
    I just want a good video format without losing quality in sound and video so I can put them on a DVD. That's another question, what is the best format?
    Usually when I convert the .wmv to something else the sync is off on the video or the sound.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Boot camp so I can get sony vegas to work [ 2 Answers ]

Hi. I have been trying to get this boot camp thing working for FOREVER!! For like 3 months I have been on almost everyday trying to figure this out. I made a video on my problem - YouTube - What do you do when this pops up on boot camp? And when somebody helps me with that problem , what do I...

Multimedia Programs - Which program is recommended? (i.e. Sony vegas) [ 2 Answers ]

Hello, I'm in need a program to make professional looking videos. I know about Sony Vegas and Adobe After Effects, however, I'm looking for better or similar programs. Price is not an issue as well. Your help is much appreciated. Thanks, Jacques

Adding Sony DVD recorder to Sony System with Bell PVR [ 1 Answers ]

Sony DVD Home Theatre system is already setup w/LCD TV, Bell PVR 9242. Searched and read previous ques and ans - but my recorder still not working. System is setup with HDMI cables TV - Home Theatre, TV-PVR, have S-video connecting DVD Recorder to TV, and Basic Red,Yellow,White connecting DVD...

View more questions Search