Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Grant Heaslet Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 26, 2006, 04:30 PM
    New Above Ground Pool Setup
    I am about to set up a new 24' Above Ground Pool and could use a little Advice. I am going to be using foam board instead of sand, will I still need to dig up all existing grass or can it just be killed out. The only reason I would like not to disturb the ground very much is that it is very level already.
    CliffARobinson Posts: 1,416, Reputation: 101
    Ultra Member

Mar 7, 2012, 06:15 PM
    Speaking to the killing of the grass only, I know from Landscaping projects that you can put down layers of newspaper over that grass and it will eventually die, but the fastest and most simple procedure is using something like Roundup.

Removing grass by digging it out might not be successful anyway, because you may end up leaving the root system intact. Bermuda Grass, especially is difficult. So, my layman's opinion is to use something like Roundup on the areas you want to cover, and proceed with your build as planned.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Above ground pool installation [ 5 Answers ]

Hi all, We are installing an above ground pool, we got the ground level and the day of installation it downpoured rain. Now the area where the pool is being installed is wet very very wet. We have clay in the area to top it off. We have been waiting for the ground to dry for 2 days now. The...

Above ground pool [ 5 Answers ]

I was wondering, can I keep an above ground pool up all winter with no water in it or will it collapse even though it has the braces all around it? Thank you.

Above Ground Pool Questions [ 24 Answers ]

I am about to purchase an 18' Above Ground Pool. Part of the deal was that I go to the sellers house to dissassemble and remove the pool (it will be drained). Is this something that can easily be done by two-three people with average skills. This means I have done some home improvement stuff like...

Removal of an above ground pool [ 3 Answers ]

I just bought a house and it has an above ground pool with a deck around it in the back yard. The pool was built in the 70's and has seen better days. I am in the process of trying to figure out who is the best person to remove it. I want to put grass in it's place. I am getting estimates at...

Above-ground pool installation [ 2 Answers ]

I have recently purchased a Muskin 18' round above ground pool from a friend; however, the instructions on the pool assembly can not be found. She didn't install the pool so she can't provide any advice on taking the pool down. I have searched the internet extensively for instructions with no...

View more questions Search