Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Confused Student Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Jun 26, 2006, 03:44 PM
    Journal Entries
    I have two more questions I would like you please check for me if you could.

Question 1: Received a telephone bill for August, which is to be paid next month, $160.

DB Accounts Payable & Credit Telephone Expense

Question 2: Completed the series of advertisements for Marsh Tire Company that began July 31 (see below) and billed Marsh Tire Company for the total services performed, including the accured revenue (fees receivable) that had been recognised in an adusting ebtry in July, $800.

The Marsh Tire Company first ad appears on July 31, the last day of the month. The fee of $200 for this advertisement, which has been earned but not recorded.

Confused Student
    Confused Student Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Jun 26, 2006, 03:49 PM
    I forgot to put what I thought was the answer for question 2:

Debit Accounts Receivable $200 & credit advertsing fees earned 200
    CaptainForest Posts: 3,645, Reputation: 393
    Ultra Member

Jun 26, 2006, 08:19 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Confused Student
    Question 1: Received a telephone bill for August, which is to be paid next month, $160.
    Dr. Telephone Expense 160
    Cr. AP 160

Quote Originally Posted by Confused Student
    Question 2: Completed the series of advertisements for Marsh Tire Company that began July 31 (see below) and billed Marsh Tire Company for the total services performed, including the accured revenue (fees receivable) that had been recognised in an adusting ebtry in July, $800.

The Marsh Tire Company first ad appears on July 31, the last day of the month. The fee of $200 for this advertisment, which has been earned but not recorded.
    Dr. Fees Receivable 200
    Cr. Revenue 200

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Journal Entries [ 1 Answers ]

In January 2005 the accountant for Delaware supply Corporation estimated the company's net income for the year as 556,000. A year-end income statement reported actual net income of 570,000. 1. make the general journal entries to record quarerly payments of the company's estimated income taxes...

Journal Entries [ 13 Answers ]

When entering journal entries, how do you show opening balances? For example, If at the beginning of the month I have $100 in supplies, I purchase $700 throughout the year, and I have $400 remaining at the end of the year, how would I show this whole transaction?

Journal entries [ 2 Answers ]

I have a project due soon and I am having a very hard time with some of the journal entries. How do you account for shipping costs?

View more questions Search