Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Cragstan Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Nov 21, 2008, 11:23 PM
    Audition Song
    I'm looking to audition for my local theater group's production of Seussical the Musical, and I would like to be The Cat In The Hat. I'm a 17 year old male (Tenor), and I was wondering what kind of songs would be good to audition with. I have no ideas, currently. =O Any help would be most appreciated!

Nov 21, 2008, 11:30 PM

Looking to audition is definitely what I meant to say, and I do not see how to edit posts. =P
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Nov 23, 2008, 10:01 AM

Hi, Cragstan!

I did edit your post according to how you had specified.

I've been involved in a lot of musical theater productions, but I'm not familiar with that particular show. What kind of character is it for which you're trying out and what show tunes do you already know how to sing, please?

Thanks!

Nov 23, 2008, 09:39 PM

I suppose you are not familiar with the works of Dr. Seuss, then? He was a children's book author and most of his works were nonsense. The Cat is no different. He is a crazy, wacky character. He serves as a narrator and "M.C." for the show as Horton the elephant tries to save Who Ville. If none of this rings a bell, I'm sure it makes completely no sense at all. =P I believe his highest note is an F, so it won't be hard. As to what show tunes I know how to sing, I'm familiar with quite a few. However, I love theater and would be dedicated enough to learn a new song if you thought it would be a good idea. Thank you for your feedback!
    MusicalTheatre Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Nov 28, 2008, 09:08 AM

I have found that singing songs that are not overdone is the best way to go when auditioning.

The song ' Love and Kindness ' from the Frank Loesser musical ' The Most Happy Fella' is a great song for a tenor.

It's a song that shows range.

( I'm female and a 1st soprano but I have recommended this sing to some of my guy friends before. If sung correctly, it can give you chills.)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

What to sing for an audition [ 2 Answers ]

:) Im a 13 year old girl trying out for a musical, into the woods. I may/may not sing with another person (13 year old girl) and I was wondering what would be a good song to sing. I have a medium to low voice, meaning I can't really hit the high notes. Any songs that are maybe upbeat or medium...

Monologue for audition [ 5 Answers ]

Does anyone know a good monologue I could practice for an audition? My school is writing their own play and I would love to be in it,but they're requiring our own monologue and I want one that will leave them speechless, it all depends on how I perform of course but a good one would help, thanks!

The audition is over - Now What? [ 5 Answers ]

Hi all, I am just wondering if someone can give me some insight as to what happens now after the audition? I was told I did very well and I take direction extremely well. Then they thanked me profusely for coming. They had quite a few people auditioning yesterday after me. So what now? Do they...

Musical audition [ 3 Answers ]

I am auditioning to become an entertainer! Mainly a singer and need 2 up to date audition songs for a female vocalist! Anyone any ideas? One needs to be a ballad and one uptempo!?

View more questions Search