Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jaggos200 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 21, 2008, 03:33 PM
    Link spread sheets sheet 1 to sheet 2 , 2 to sheet 3
    I have attach what I have done on the site. What I need to do is link all of the data from sheet one to sheet 2. All I have found so far is how to link one cell to the other cell. In sheet 1 I have af 3 to af 699 . I need to bring all that data to sheet 2 to (d3 to d24) Sheet 2 will link into sheet 3. It's a big data set up I have done. I have down loaded sheet 1 here on this just to show any one a little in what I have doneif needed. Im still trying to fine out how to lock some cells so it can't be change and only data can place in the field.
    I can email the sheets to anyone who needs to see it. Hellp:(
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Nov 21, 2008, 04:16 PM

No attachment but all you need is to enter ONE formula and then copy it.

For example if you want to link the values in Sheet1, cells D2-D24, then in Sheet in the cell where you want the value from D2 to appear you enter the formula:
    =Sheet1:D2
    You then copy that formula down the column for 22 rows and you will have your links.
    robertva Posts: 249, Reputation: 30

Nov 21, 2008, 04:39 PM

People responding to you might be able to provide better responses if you include the software title (like "Microsoft Works Spreadsheet", "Microsoft Excel" or "OpenOffice Calc") and version number in your inquiry. Often two publishers have slightly different ideas about how a function should be implemented and those ideas evolve between versions.

For most spreed sheet titles and versions you should be able to make cells on other sheets within the workbook part of your formula by clicking the other cell while entering the formula. To make cell D3 on sheet 2 reflect the value on sheet 1 cell AF3 you would type the equals sign then click on the cell at Sheet1.AF3 . The resulting formula should resemble "=Sheet1.AF3" (example from OpenOffice Calc v2.0). The ability to use the links within functions (like sum or average) or math operators (like + and /) should remain the same as when linking to cells on the same sheet.
    JBeaucaire Posts: 5,426, Reputation: 997
    Software Expert

Nov 21, 2008, 05:37 PM

You want to squeeze the data from AF3:AF699 (a total of 696 cells) onto another sheet into the cells D3:D24 (a total of 21 cells)?

So you need cells grouped together somehow? You'll have to post a sample workbook or email it to me with instructions on how you want 696 cells on one sheet to collate down to 21 cells on another sheet.

As long as you fully register your account here on AMHD, you can then click on my name and send me an email. (look to the left above the rocketpig)
    jaggos200 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 22, 2008, 05:50 PM
    LOL OK I do have a better understanding of what I am doing.I have xcel 2000 and I see most are using 2003 and up... I need to upgrade just a little to make it easy on my end.thanks to all who respond to me.. :)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How to connect one excel sheet to other excel sheet [ 28 Answers ]

How to connect one excel sheet to other excel sheet.

Score sheet [ 3 Answers ]

Does anyone know where I can find the Florida score sheet for criminals?

Oracle Vs spread sheet [ 2 Answers ]

What is difference between oracle and spread sheet?

Connest two sheets like I have counts in sheet 1 and want total in sheet 2 [ 1 Answers ]

Connest two sheets like I have counts in sheet 1 and want total in sheet 2 .

Link masterlist from Sheet to Sheet [ 1 Answers ]

Is there a way to create a master list of names in one sheet so that when you add or delete rows or columns in the masterlist the other sheets that use this masterlist will automatically add or delete the changes? How would I copy this list. I tried to link it as a formula but that didn't...

View more questions Search