Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    speechlesstx Posts: 1,111, Reputation: 284
    Ultra Member

Nov 21, 2008, 02:06 PM
    It's about time!
    Finally, someone named a school after Obama. It's only been what, 17 days since he was elected president and only two months until he takes office?

NY school is renamed for Obama

NEW YORK (AP) -- It was only a matter of time. A New York school has been renamed in honor of President-elect Barack Obama.

The former Ludlum Elementary School, in Long Island's Hempstead Union Free School District, was renamed at a school board meeting Thursday - effective immediately.

School officials say most of the 440 students there are black or Hispanic, and Obama's victory is a source of great pride.
    It is definitely a new era, used to be that schools, bridges and roads were named posthumously to honor a person after they had actually done something. Why wait? Step aside MLK, the Obamanator is here. I can already tell the battle in our city to rename one of our main thoroughfare's after MLK (even though we have already honored him with a street) are over, Obama Boulevard is coming instead.
    spitvenom Posts: 1,266, Reputation: 373
    Ultra Member

Nov 21, 2008, 02:10 PM

How is this Obama's fault?
    Ultra Member

Nov 21, 2008, 02:43 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by spitvenom View Post
    How is this Obama's fault?
    LOL spit, I didn't blame Obama anywhere. Unlike the "everything is Bush's fault" crowd I'll give all the credit to the responsible party.
    inthebox Posts: 787, Reputation: 179

Nov 21, 2008, 06:37 PM

I'm waiting for a dance craze to be named in his honor :)
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Nov 22, 2008, 03:13 AM

Can we wait at least until he is sworn in ?

YouTube - Obama As George Washington-www.InsideOutHV.com Magazine

Some princes are born in palaces. Some are born in mangers. But a few are born in the imagination, out of scraps of history and hope.
    How Obama Rewrote the Book - TIME
    Ultra Member

Nov 22, 2008, 05:34 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by tomder55 View Post
    can we wait at least until he is sworn in ?
    Apparently not. The people that swept him into office can't afford for him to be a failure so they're going to do all they can to make sure he isn't... at least in people's minds.
    Ultra Member

Nov 22, 2008, 05:45 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by inthebox View Post
    I don't know if it's a craze or not but it's been done already. Only thing is, I don't get the stepping to the right part if you're going to vote for Obama.
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Nov 22, 2008, 05:50 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by inthebox View Post
    Been there, done that: https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/humor-...ff-272760.html
    Ultra Member

Nov 22, 2008, 06:09 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by NeedKarma View Post
    Do you think I read ALL of your posts? My video wasn't a McCain vs. Obama dance off, it was The Obama Dance.
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

Nov 22, 2008, 06:22 PM

What I find so odd about that news article is they didn't actually say WHAT the school's new official name is going to be. Weird. Or is it just me? B.O. School maybe?

He didn't grow up there. He didn't even live there. Still don't understand why they would go out of their way to name an elementary school after him. Usually they wait until the esteemed person is deceased. Does this mean he's now officially deceased? Can I daresay hope a teensey weensey bit? Nah.

Next they'll erect a huge (and I do mean colossal size behemoth) statue in Times Square or standing astride the Golden Gate Bridge. Or, best of all, add him to Mount Rushmore...
    progunr Posts: 1,971, Reputation: 288
    Ultra Member

Nov 22, 2008, 06:30 PM

Why can't we post a topic about politics, without that Obama add showing up on every one of them?
    Uber Member

Nov 22, 2008, 06:54 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by progunr View Post
    Why can't we post a topic about politics, without that Obama add showing up on every one of them?
    Because. That's why.
    Ultra Member

Nov 23, 2008, 02:42 PM
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Nov 23, 2008, 02:45 PM
    No, no, no. Like Crazy Horse, Obama will get his own mountain!
    jjwoodhull Posts: 1,378, Reputation: 239
    Ultra Member

Nov 23, 2008, 02:57 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by twinkiedooter View Post
    Usually they wait until the esteemed person is deceased. Does this mean he's now officially deceased? Can I daresay hope a teensey weensey bit?
    Really?
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Nov 23, 2008, 03:19 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by twinkiedooter View Post
    Still don't understand why they would go out of their way to name an elementary school after him. Usually they wait until the esteemed person is deceased. Does this mean he's now officially deceased? Can I daresay hope a teensey weensey bit?
    So you have hope that he'll die soon?
    Skell Posts: 1,863, Reputation: 514
    Ultra Member

Nov 23, 2008, 05:39 PM

The twinkiedooter has a history of outlandish statements. This one was just stupid.
    Uber Member

Nov 23, 2008, 08:27 PM

According to Wikipedia the word "skell" means:

Skell
    , as a stereotypical or archetypal designation, refers to a person who is homeless, vagrant or derelict. It is often used to connote such a person who is habitually engaged in small-time criminal activity, especially by one working as a con artist or panhandler.
    It seems you are aptly named.

Your Navy has been brought back into port to your country for 2 months due to the lack of recruitment. Your country has it's citizens disarmed and defenseless.

So I really wouldn't carry on about the US as you are just a foreigner looking in the window at us with nothing to worry about. And yet you act like Obama is going to help you out. We are just trying to stand up and fight for the true America before our country looks like yours.

Hope? What hope? He is just replaying the same old, tired political drivel. Change? Change what? He's going to ruin this country - just give him 4 years to do it and we'll all be like a Third World Country in no time.

Skell, you are really disturbed.
    Skell Posts: 1,863, Reputation: 514
    Ultra Member

Nov 23, 2008, 10:03 PM

Hahaha. You're just too easy twinkiedoodle... That's your standard response isn't it? "You're not from here so dont comment..." Or even worse you attack my surname. Classy. But I don't really expect much better from someone of your kind.

You said you hoped Obama would die... I posted that to imply that was a "stupid comment" and I stand by that. It was stupid, but you won't admit it. But then again, I'm not surprised by that from someone of your kind. Who is it that is disturbed? You wish death on someone... Hmmnn... You can say you were joking but we all know deep down there was this part of you that really wished he was.

We've been disarmed for a while down here now doodle. All's good. We isn't afraid. We don't live in fear. We're happy. We aren't scared of everyone that doesn't look like us. We're not like your kind.

Oh and point me in the direction where I've said Obama is going help me out? Id be interested to be reminded. I enjoy politics and have taken a keen interest in this US election. Its been wonderful (but long). Would you prefer me be ignorant to happenings on in the world and particularity one which is a great ally of my country? Sorry isn't going to happen. That would make me like one of your kind, and that I sure isn't.

By the way, I rarely, if ever at all have attacked America the Country and its people. I might questions some of its policies and your President from time to time as there is many things I simply don't agree with. On that I am far from alone in this world doodle. And I think everyone here knows I'm against your gun culture and have had some enjoyable debates with some intelligent people on the matter. But I certainly don't make a habit of attacking the people or the country itself. But that is probably beyond someone of your kind. That's what you stoop to.

Give me my country and the way it "looks" any day doodle...
    Hunt for gunman who shot wife in church - World - smh.com.au

Have a nice day. This "Skell's" got to get going and rob the Service Station down the road before sunrise.

BTW: And when I talk about "your kind", I'm certainly not talking about Americans. Not even close. I like Americans. They're different from me but most of them are good people. The 'kind' I refer to is a completely different 'kind' all together. I think you might have an idea. But then again, I wouldn't be surprised if you didn't, being the kind that you are.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Nov 23, 2008, 10:16 PM

Aweome, Skell. That was awesome!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Student dependent visa UK, Full time or Part time work? [ 26 Answers ]

I have student visa of UK and I study in university. My wife recently came in London. She has student dependent visa. She doesn't study. Can she work full time? How many hours she can work? Thank you

Dark brown lines going across my screen from time to time [ 10 Answers ]

I have a problem with my computer monitor, I have these brown horizontal lines that go across my screen sometimes (REALLY ANNOYING). I just replaced the video card so its not that, also if I hit the side of the monitor the lines go away:p Just wondering if there's anything I can do that can fix it!...

Live in MA, Student in NY: Full-Time/Part-time/Non-Resident? [ 1 Answers ]

Hi- I am a 21 year old student attending a college in New York. Last summer (2007) I stayed on campus - as opposed to coming home and living with my parents in Massachusetts - and worked/earned an income through the school. However, the previous winter break, which ended in middle-January 2007, I...

Will husband just get time served or added time to probation [ 11 Answers ]

My husband's not being extradicted on probation violation. But will they add more time to his probation, or get time served or more jail time for new misdemeanor charges of canabis and pharapharnalia? So lost any info or some similar experience would be helpful thanks can't sleep until I know until...

Part Time / Full Time / Non - Resident - need clarification on this [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, I am an Indian Citizen. I came to US on L1 Visa on 20th October, 2007. I am trying to file the tax return through File Taxes Online - Do Taxes FREE - File Taxes With TaxACT. There is a question : "Whether you are a part time resident / Full Time Resident or Non-Resident". I am not sure...

View more questions Search