Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    sgtflores Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 21, 2008, 10:49 AM
    Is it okay to ask for donations?
    I have a website that is not a non profit. Tts a site to raise moral for all serve members and their loved ones. In all honesty me and my two army buddies do want to make some sort of profit for ourselves but we also want to sponsor platoons in the army. Money is tight and we do get offers from people for donations. Its it okay to take donations considering that we are not non profit?
    dave146 Posts: 161, Reputation: 4

Nov 21, 2008, 01:00 PM

It is okay only when you feel it is okay.

Look at wikimedia, for example. They are a non-profit organisation. And they want to raise 6 million US dollars!

My advice? If they offer to donate, and you feel it is right to take the money, than go for it. You will be doing nothing wrong at all.

-Dave
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Nov 21, 2008, 01:50 PM

It is OK, as long as you make sure it is plain and obvous that you are a for profit group and no dontion is tax deductable.

Also all income you make from this will be taxable.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Can I ask for donations for my family? [ 5 Answers ]

Our family hired a legitimate contractor to build us a full foundation for our home. On the final day he was there, we received notice that he had filed bankruptcy. After four years of our walls cracking, we found that he purposely cut corners and didn't pour our footers below the frost line. Our...

Where to start asking for Donations. [ 2 Answers ]

Hi guys, well I was wondering, which websites can you write letters to or post about donations. For example, I want to raise donations for my website, which talks about life. Here's a short description, many people are different out there, so they would like to describe what's going on, for...

Obama's donations . [ 23 Answers ]

Are they all legal ? He is getting record amts of $$$$ ;mostly from on-line donations (most under $200). Pamela Geller who writes the blog 'Atlas Shrugs' has some legitimate questions she raises . Atlas Shrugs: Obama, who is Jeanne McCurdy? She obtained a list of his donors ;a list she says is...

Donations [ 1 Answers ]

If a church is incorporated, but does not have a 501c3 status can donations be counted off on income tax. Would we be able to give a receipt for their income tax?

View more questions Search