Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    pinkcat Posts: 25, Reputation: 2

Jun 26, 2006, 06:06 AM
    Hair
    Hi
    This is kind of embarrassing to ask, but is there some way of removing pubic hair without having to shave it? Because it grows back the next day! And if I try to shave it away again it dose'nt work and cuts me instead :(
    Could you recommend anythink I can use?
    Lungie Posts: 10, Reputation: 3

Jun 26, 2006, 07:41 PM
    Try getting some wax at the chemist and doing it yourself, it hurts (it really hurts) but stops the re growth coming back so quickly. You can even get specific Brazilian kits to do it at home.
    Stormy69 Posts: 290, Reputation: 98

Jun 26, 2006, 09:46 PM
    Most hair salons and tanning places have bikini waxing,I don't recommend doing it yourself for a first time. It could be a disaster. Yes it DOES hurt, No doubt about it. But it will hurt much more if you don't have a professional do it.
    PrettyLady Posts: 2,765, Reputation: 332
    -

Jun 27, 2006, 12:11 AM
    Waxing and sugaring are great ways to remove hair from the bikini area. These methods give a smooth surface and long lasting results. It doesn't irritate your skin the way shaving and depilatories creams do. The pain isn't all that bad, and you'll like the results. I agree with Stormy69, you shouldn't do it yourself. Try going to a salon and let a licensed professional do it for you. They will give you a standard bikini wax, or a Brazilian bikini wax, choose the one that's best for you.

Jun 27, 2006, 03:43 AM
    Thanks prettylady andstormy 69 I will have to make an appointment with one
    Do you no how much they charge?

Jun 27, 2006, 04:04 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Lungie
    Try getting some wax at the chemist and doing it your self, it hurts (it really hurts) but stops the re growth coming back so quickly. You can even get specific Brazilian kits to do it at home.
    Were can I buy the brazilian kits from and how much do they cost?
    -

Jun 28, 2006, 09:53 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by pinkcat
    thanks prettylady andstormy 69 i will have to make an appointment with one
    do you no how much they charge?
    A regular bikini wax range from $30 to $50. It depends on the spa or salon you go to and the time involved.

Jun 29, 2006, 11:35 AM
    oh OK then ^^
    will have to find out
    although I would rather do it myself!
    isn't there anythink I can buy instead to do it?
    -

Jun 30, 2006, 05:30 PM
    You can find waxing kits at the beauty supply store. Make sure you read the instructions on the package carefully before you use it.

Jul 4, 2006, 11:34 AM
    OK I'll have a look
    -

Jul 5, 2006, 11:22 PM
    If you can't tolerate heated wax, opt for cold wax. Cold wax method removes the hair in the same manner as warm wax. When you apply the wax and strip on your skin, hold the skin taut with one hand, use the other hand to grasp the wax strip, and pull with one fast movement. "Pull off the strip against the direction of the hair growth."

Jul 6, 2006, 03:36 AM
    OK, is there any cold waxing kits you would recommend me using?
    -

Jul 6, 2006, 11:24 AM
    Sweetie, the wax that you normally heat up in the microwave can be applied cold. Browse through the aisle at the beauty supply store and look for a waxing kit that's easy to use. Be sure to follow the directions you get with your waxing kit. If you still don't know how to use it, feel free to ask me more questions.

Jul 6, 2006, 12:51 PM
    OK then :)
    I will do
    Thank you
    -

Jul 6, 2006, 11:35 PM
    You're welcome.

Jul 15, 2006, 08:33 AM
    I tried Veet known as Immac binki removal cream not very good removes hair although I had little short hairs left behind (like when it starts to grow back)
    Not going to buy that again!
    Goning to see what else they have.
    soso13 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Aug 8, 2006, 12:02 PM
    Well waxing is the best... but I'm really shocked! Does it cost you $50 to get a bikini wax! In my country it costs around $5 ONLY! :o

Aug 9, 2006, 02:46 PM
    I'm not sure how much it costs here I'll have to enquire about it
    YeloDasy Posts: 363, Reputation: 81

Aug 9, 2006, 08:47 PM
    Waxing doesn't work for me... I always have hair left over too, even when done in a salon... you have to let the hair grow awhile before waxing seems to work... I stick with the old fashioned shaving!

Aug 10, 2006, 09:38 AM
    Yes I've gone back to shaving
    Because when I've used wax strips they don't remove the hairl right and leave some behind and it seems to be costing quite a lot that way and I don't want to go to the salon and the same thing happens as it will be a waste of money. I just did'nt want to shave anymore because the hair gows back the next day and it quite annoying having to shave everyday :(

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Hair loss due to hair dye [ 14 Answers ]

I feel sooo terible, I used dye called (biegen, I think) it is very cheap, I did not like the color so I used around 3 boxes in a week to change the color now my hair is very dry and is falling like crazy especially at the front I can see my scalp now, what should I do would my hair grow back or...

HELP! Brown hair color turned my hair a dark red! [ 31 Answers ]

So my girlfriend helped me color my hair to hide a few gray hairs coming in. Its usually a light to med brown, thought I might go darker. We used Loreal excellence crème ( Medium Brown). It actuall turned my hair into almost a dark redish brown, looks like I have naturally dark red hair! HELP! ...

HELP: Going from Black Hair to Brown Hair [ 42 Answers ]

Ok, firstly, Id like to apologies as I realise there are many topics on this forum about this, however, they have only confused me more, as some say that it is not possible to do it without bleaching, and some say that there are hair dye removal products that can do it. I naturally have dark...

How to get rid of hair dye/keeping hair dye from fading [ 4 Answers ]

Hello I have kind of a problem and no one knows what to do, especially me! I have beautiful dark dark brown hair. I don't know why, but I let someone highlight my hair blonde about 2 years ago. They turned orange, so I dyed my hair dark brown again to get my color back and I was happy. Within a...

My hair [ 2 Answers ]

A few days ago, I went to the beauty shop. Deciding that I wanted a new doo. So I picked out a color, which wasn't far from my natural color light brown. And when she dried my hair, it was a little darker than I expected, in fact I noticed that it looked kind of orange. Now my mom paid for it and...

View more questions Search