Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    wideawakeboi Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 21, 2008, 12:44 AM
    1988 buick lesabre heat
    I have a 1988 buick lesabre that has cold a/c but the heat doesn't work and I don't know why?
    rsain2004 Posts: 207, Reputation: 6

Nov 21, 2008, 02:51 AM
    The heater recovers waste heat from the engine cooling system by diverting hot coolant from the engine radiator, to the heater under the dashboard. The heater control on the dash is connected to the diverter valve in the engine compartment by a push-pull cable, or perhaps a vacuum line. Check to see if any of these things have been disconnected or damaged. In some cases the heater under the dash has become choked with "mud" from internal engine corrosion by improper maintenance and must be flushed out. In such cases, the improper maintenance has likely been untreated water instead of water/antifreeze mixture in the engine cooling system... Good luck...

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

94 buick lesabre starting problems [ 6 Answers ]

My mom has a 94 buick lesabre 3800 with 86,000 miles she is the second owner. The car sometimes has a misfire at 60-65 mph. but the other day she was pulling in the drive way an the engine stopped. It did start right back up but wouldn't stay running. I went out to look at it a few days later an...

1992 buick Lesabre Custom [ 1 Answers ]

OK I bought a 1992 buick lesabre custom for 400 a couple days ago. The people we bought it from claimed the fuel pump was bad and they said go easy on the gas pedal because if you press to hard it won't go anywhere and on hills it really won't work and when this happens the car stays on and just...

94 Buick LeSabre electrical problems [ 1 Answers ]

I bought a 1 owner 94 LeSabre with 70m miles, excellent condition but have major problems with the car shutting off while driving. Mechanics cannot find the problem (but I've been towed 6 times). Most times, after towing, the car will start right away. The have recommended everything from wiring...

94 buick lesabre hesitates, dies, eng. Light, etc. [ 2 Answers ]

I have a 94 buick lesabre w/ 3.8L eng. I has 120,000 miles and has knocked since 90,000 with no loss in power (except for hesitation) and knock does not appear worse (apparently piston rod bearing), also does not burn oil. Recently, alternator and battery was replaced. Took it to mechanic...

89 buick LeSabre thermastat housing? [ 1 Answers ]

A quick question if anyone has done a thermostat on this vehicle. 3800 engine. Does the housing have only one bolt to hold it?? It appears that way , as it is cramped area to see. Also I assume it will have an O ring gasket as well?? Thanks for the help Al

View more questions Search