Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ohbrother Posts: 9, Reputation: 1

Nov 20, 2008, 06:07 PM
    Cant afford their payment plan, should I just make payments?
    I have a debt that is with a lawyer's office and they have a judgement against me for the debt. I can not afford their payment plan so should I just start making payments? They tapped into my bank account (there wasn't much at all) but I don't want them to keep doing that. If I start making payments, will that stop them from tapping my account at will? I'm thinking not because they have the judgement. Any suggestions? :(
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Nov 20, 2008, 06:17 PM

You're thinking correct. Now that they have the judgement they will do anything they can to collect. Depending on where you live they could garnish your salary.

Making payments outside the amount they want will only reduce the amount you owe, not prevent them from trying to collect.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Making payments to creditor that you can afford [ 1 Answers ]

I called a collection agency back on the phone to make payment arrangements.He informed me that my payment of $75 a month was not enough.I told him that is all I could afford at this time.Can a collection agency refuse a smaller payment or do they have to accept what you offer to pay as a means of...

No longer afford payment [ 3 Answers ]

I can no longer afford my car payment. It is about 550 a month and I owe more then it is worth. I am not sure what I can do to get rid of this expense.

Can't afford my car payment [ 3 Answers ]

I can't afford my auto payment anymore due to the lack of work and cutbacks. My payment of $650 is really taking its toll on me. I owe way more on the loan than what the truck is actually worth due to some stupid mistakes I made a few years back. But now I can no longer afford the payment and my...

I can't afford my car payment [ 2 Answers ]

I can't afford my carpayment due to a work lay off... what do I do? Is there anything that I can do that won't have a negative effect on my credit?

Can't afford truck payments [ 6 Answers ]

I bought a truck several years ago that I really cannot afford. I have tried to sell it every way I know how (local papers, eBay, on-line, car ads, etc.) to no avail. I've went to numerous car dealerships, both used & new, and they all want to buy the truck (for less than I owe on it) with the...

View more questions Search