Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    noboat Posts: 31, Reputation: 1

Nov 20, 2008, 07:47 AM
    Sd card reader
    My built-in sd card reader will read only one camera card & then stops working. I can shut down & restart & then it reads one more, & I have to shut down & restart again. It only works once between reboots. I've tried up-dating drivers & other things to no avail. Any suggestions? Thks noboat
    KISS Posts: 12,510, Reputation: 839
    Uber Member

Nov 20, 2008, 08:07 AM

Do you do a "Safely remove Hardware" before each eject of the SD card?

Is the SD card formatted on the camera?

The answer to both questions should be YES.
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Nov 20, 2008, 08:08 AM
    Are you trying to put two cards in a multifunction card reader slot? I thought it read one card at a time.
    noboat Posts: 31, Reputation: 1

Nov 20, 2008, 02:15 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by KeepItSimpleStupid View Post
    Do you do a "Safely remove Hardware" before each eject of the SD card?

Is the SD card formatted on the camera?

The answer to both questions should be YES.
    Yes, the card is formatted on the camera. As for the safely remove hardware, I tried that but it didn't help. It worked fine for 3 years & I never used the "safely remove hardware". Something happened recently to cause the problem. I don't believe there's anything physically wrong with the reader, since it works as it should the one time. I'm running winxp pro on a laptop with a richo built-in reader. noboat
    KISS Posts: 12,510, Reputation: 839
    Uber Member

Nov 20, 2008, 04:45 PM

We could assume that the SD card file system got corrupted. Why don't you try offload it to your computer and reformat the SD card in the camera and put it back.

I did just that because the SD card was unreadable on the Laptop because I didn't format it in the camera.

Always use "Safely remove hardware"

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How do I remove memory card reader? [ 2 Answers ]

First before I ask my question.. I am not completely sure if what I have is called a memory card reader.. it's a drive under my cd drive that has sd slots.. usb slots.. and some other slots.. whatever.. How do I remove this so I can place it inside another computer? All I see is a black cable...

Pcmcia usb card reader [ 1 Answers ]

I recently bought the new Vaio UX series. It has no PCMCIA slot which I use for my Vodafone Mobile Connect Card to get a GPRS Internet connection. So, I'm looking for a drive or reader that takes PCMCIA (PC) cards and connects to the computer using a USB port, for use with a computer that has no...

View more questions Search