Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    dash Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 25, 2006, 02:46 PM
    80s Chev truck, brake light - tail light troubleshoot
    Help me please. Have early 80s chev pu...
    Front L turn signal light comes on when brake is applied...
    Seen a few of these on the road...
    Could this be a chev problem? Or just an electrical problem? Is there an obvious answer?

Thanks, David
    Stratmando Posts: 11,188, Reputation: 508
    Uber Member

May 19, 2007, 07:04 PM
    It is eletrical problem. Could be bad ground(s). A couple of quick test of bulbs and grounds
    Turn on 4 way flashers, check and correct(replace) bulbs as necessary. Hazzard(4 way) is constant live circuit, and turn signals are ignition switched circuits.
    Both run through signal head. Brake switch sounds good.
    Can only be signal head or bad grounds(Bulb sockets).
    Or someone touched wiring. No other possibilties. Bulb sockets Prime Suspect, check back and front sockets.Replace

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Changing brake light bulbs on 96 Toyota Camry Station Wagon [ 4 Answers ]

I need to change a brake light bulb in the tailgate of my 1996 Toyota Camry Station Wagon. I have a Chilton's repair guide but it says nothing about the lights in the tail gate. How do I can access to change the bulbs? Thank you.

Traction Control System and Brake Light Switch [ 1 Answers ]

I have a 2003 Honda Accord EX V6. Recently, the Traction Control System (TCS) light on the dash has been coming on, but upon turning off and restarting the car, it disappears. This has been happening on and off. I went to my Honda dealer's service department and they did a diagnostic test on the...

Sonata brake dust make light come on? [ 3 Answers ]

I have a 2003 HYUNDAI SONATA 6 Cylinders 02656 2.7L MFI DOHC Reciently I replaced the front disc pads.With the inexpensive metal pads. No rotor was replaced. :( Anyway, the caliper must have been dragging, and sent some of the dust airborn, and I see some small metal filings sticking to the...

How do I troubleshoot a light fixture that burns out bulbs too fast? [ 3 Answers ]

Hello, I've recently run into several cases where a fixture was burning out its bulbs in a matter of weeks, or even days. In one case, I was told that swapping the 60 watt bulb for a 15 watt bulb made it last significantly longer. I'm at a loss as to how to troubleshoot these cases. Where do...

Mondeo brake pad service light prob [ 1 Answers ]

>:(I hope some one can help me I have a 1996 ford mondeo 2.5 V6 ghia x. The problem I have is that the brake pad service light on the dash stays on when I have changed the pads all round, changed the brake fluid through the system, I have checked the float in the brake resivor that is OK, all...

View more questions Search