Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mamashelia Posts: 1, Reputation: 0

Nov 19, 2008, 10:36 PM
    Sex offender relative
    I have numerous ?'s.

Do the same rules for the time that someone serves for child molestation, arressted before 2001 apply the same as to someone arressted in say 2006 ? What I mean is the 90 per cent factor vs. 50 per cent? Do they still have to go by a grid sheet? Can someone who pleads guilty to a charge of this kind get a reduced sentence?
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Nov 20, 2008, 04:12 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by mamashelia View Post
    I have numerous ?'s.

Do the same rules for the time that someone serves for child molestation, arressted before 2001 apply the same as to someone arressted in say 2006 ? What I mean is the 90 per cent factor vs. 50 per cent? Do they still have to go by a grid sheet? Can someone who pleads guilty to a charge of this kind get a reduced sentence?
    Hi, mamashelia!

Much of what you're asking would depend on the laws that govern the location. So, it would help those of us who do come along to address your questions to know the location about which you're inquiring. Would you please specify the location?

Thanks!
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Nov 20, 2008, 09:13 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by mamashelia View Post
    I have numerous ?'s.

The sentence can be reduced under certain circumstances but it depends on the State. Also - if the law changed between 2001 and 2006 (the dates you give) the "rules" may very well be different.

Again - no way to know without checking your State's laws.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Sex offender [ 5 Answers ]

My friend is a sex offender and he has a 10 year old son can he live with his son if he is considered a sex offender?

Sex offender [ 2 Answers ]

I live in Ohio... My daughter is 18 and she met this guy who is 32 and it turns out he is a sexual offender... Is there an age limit or something I can do about it?? I heard that she has to be 21 is that only if he is on probation??

Sex offender redristration [ 11 Answers ]

My husband is in jail for not registering,this is his first time not what are the chances of him doing hard time?are they going to send him to the pen he has only done 2 months in the city jail and hasent yet been indighted will they just make him serve his time now

Registered Sex offender [ 3 Answers ]

I just registered on this site today, although I have been reading posts on it for years, seems as though every time I type a question into Google the first link that pops up is this website and usually a guy named excon is answering. Years ago I got screwed by an ex fiancé, an over zealous DA,...

Juvenile sex offender [ 1 Answers ]

Live in Alabama / My stepson sexually abused my daughter he is now 19. (he was 16 last time it happened and she was 7) anyway, went to court he was on house arrest and had to attend counseling. My question is, due to other unfortunate events my husband gave up his rights and my stepson was adopted...

View more questions Search