Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    crjslick50 Posts: 21, Reputation: 2

Nov 19, 2008, 10:29 PM
    96 cadillac sts rattling sound at 2800 rpms why
    I recently purchased a 96 cad sts and it has 200,000 miles otherwise perfect cond. Prior owner used premium gas which is required. I was cheap started putting cheap gas in and I just started hearing a rattling noise at about 2800 rpms. Also when I first start it I hear a rattle and little puff smoke came out exaust? Seems to be getting worse anyone know what it could be?
    watauga21 Posts: 11, Reputation: 1

Nov 20, 2008, 09:18 AM
    Your valve seal may be going. I would go to a auto store and ask for octane boost it only cost about $3.00

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Total Line P374-2800 won't light up [ 4 Answers ]

Help! I am switching from a Honeywell Chron II to a new Total Line P374-2800 and can not get the P374 to light up. Red wire volts read 24vac at wall so am getting proper voltage at stat. HWC II had jumper between R and Rc. Do I need similar jumper on P374? If so, where? Have Carrier 2ton a/c...

Cadillac cillanoid? [ 9 Answers ]

Hello all! I've got a 98 Deville that I love to pieces. Anyway, a while back, the service engine soon light came on and I took it to Aamco. Since I have a Northstar engine, the guys said they'd have to drop my whole engine to get to my tranny to even find the problem. Well I'm not made of money...

RPMs going crazy [ 1 Answers ]

I have a 1993 Acura Integra, B18 engine, the cars RPM gauge started to fluxuate and then the car would stall this happens when I am driving. I read the code. VSS was the code. The VSS is part of the speedometer gauge cluster, so I replaced the gauge cluster , reset the PCM and it still is acting up...

Compaq presario 2800 [ 1 Answers ]

While installing webcam in Win-XP machine, I have an error message "Vedio Capture Hardware not found". Is it Vedio Capture Card essential for Installing Webcam in Win-XP machine?? Plzzzz help me...

Low rpms [ 1 Answers ]

I have a vanguard V21 engine in a lawn tractor and can't get the rpms up. The throttle is wide open but rpms are low. The choke is off. Its only 1 yr old with few hrs on it. Any ideas??

View more questions Search