Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    torreshvac Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 25, 2006, 09:55 AM
    How do you size a home for ac
    I know how to use the formula of .40 per square foot on a regular home and .45 per square foot on a drafty home for heat, but what formula do you use to calculate air conditioning per square feet. Also how do you know how many cfm's you need per room when you are calculating what size boot you need per room?
    I do know that for every ton of air would be 400 cfm
    And I do know what cfm's each size flex puts out
    Can someone e-mail me and school me on some of this... [email protected]
    caibuadday Posts: 460, Reputation: 10

Jun 27, 2006, 04:46 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by torreshvac
    i know how to use the formula of .40 per square foot on a regular home and .45 per square foot on a drafty home for heat, but what formula do you use to calculate air conditioning per square feet. also how do you know how many cfm's you need per room when you are calculating what size boot you need per room?
    i do know that for every ton of air would be 400 cfm
    and i do know what cfm's each size flex puts out
    can someone e-mail me and school me on some of [email protected]
    .40/ .45 are just ball park estimate, Google around and you will find afew sites that offer to do cooling cal for afee

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Selling home/buying home simultaneously [ 8 Answers ]

Real estate agent and the mtg broker she works with want me to refinance loan with them, take equity out of it and buy a townhouse, move into townhouse while maintaining my mtg with my present home while trying to sell it. I called Wamu (my original lender) and questioned him about this and he...

4 wire home service entrance wire size [ 1 Answers ]

Mobile home requires 4 wire electrical service entrance wire. Distance is 160 foot from meter to breaker panel. 220V service. What size wire do I use? Can I use diff. size for neutral and ground?

Size of dog [ 2 Answers ]

My 6 month old labX weighs 50 pounds and only goes up to about my knee, the vet at 4 months told us she'd be roughly 90 pounds (her dad was 120), her mom was only 60 pounds, will she grow any taller? She isn't overweight, nice and sleek looking, she eats about 4 1/2 cups of food a day and is very...

Size of Copper/pvc inside new home to max pressure from 3,000 gl tank on hill [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I am building a new home in the country and have a 3000 gallon water tank 75 verticle above my (future) second story. I was going to have either 2" sch 40 pvc or 1 1/4" come down the 160 feet to my home. And then I wanted to know what is the largest copper pipe I could use inside the home to...

View more questions Search