Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    sikassluk Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 19, 2008, 10:35 AM
    Central heater will not work on "auto" and blows cool air when on "man"
    OK my central heater blower will not come on at all when on auto, and when on manual/on it just blows cool air out of vents. I was told to put a jumper wire on (w) to (g)wires at the thermostat, (I think) to check it, but not sure exactly. Is that the thermostat on wall or what? The pilot light is lit, but doesn't seem to be lighting up anything when turned on man. Also the pilot light is a orangeish looking flame, is that OK if it's a propane heater? I appreciate all the help I can get on this prob with as much detail as possible because I'm doing the work myself and I haven't got any experience with the electrical part of ac/heater operations, thanks again for any assistance
    juggallojed Posts: 165, Reputation: 10

Nov 19, 2008, 06:58 PM

Read our faq , and reply with more information please
    MarkwithaK Posts: 955, Reputation: 107

Nov 19, 2008, 07:02 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by sikassluk View Post
    ....im doin the work myself and i haven't got any experience with the electrical part of ac/heater operations, thanks again for any assistance
    Based upon this comment I urge you to call in a local service company. If you do not have any experience/ability in this area then your safest move is to call a reputable service company.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Fan Blower not working in "ON" or "AUTO" in heat or AC [ 13 Answers ]

Got home from the Brewer game this afternoon and noticed the house was warm(78). Outside was 91. I checked the T-stat and it was set correct. Noticed the air vents weren't blowing anything. Went outside and the condenser and fan was running fine. Then I went downstairs to the furnace unit to see...

A/C or Heat does not work w/thermostat set "on" or "auto". [ 22 Answers ]

A/C or Heat doesn't work in "on" or "auto". Fan will not come on at the "on" position either. I changed the batteries in the thermostat. I also read somewhere to disconnect the "Y" and hold it to the "R" on the thermostat for two minutes. That will tell me if the thermostat is the problem. ...

Intertherm Electric Furnace Blower works in "on" not in "auto" [ 6 Answers ]

I have an Intertherm Electric Furnace E2EB-015AH. I came home from work last night, turned the heat on and it didn't work as advertised. I could hear the relays clicking occasionally so I investigated a little and found the elements are heating up and cycling, the relay inside the thermostat cycles...

Central A/C fan: "on" or "auto"? [ 1 Answers ]

Is it more energy-efficient to set the central A/C fan to "auto" or "on"? What are the pro's and con's of either setting?:confused:

Heater blows cold when "On", not at all on "Auto" [ 1 Answers ]

Our gas heater is 7 years old, and has worked fine in the two years we've rented here. This winter though, we can't get it to work consistently. When on "Auto", it doesn't turn on at all, no matter what temperature we select, and when we turn the fan to "On", it simply blows cold air. It...

View more questions Search