Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    isaac Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Jun 25, 2006, 01:20 AM
    Honda Accord 97 LS Coupe
    Hi people,

I was wondering if anybody can be kind enough to help me. I have a honda accord 97 plate, and just the other day, the car would not start. And it all happened as I was just about to sell my car. It was fine for the test drice etc etc, but as I was going to start the car, it did not even give a hint of starting. Electrics are all working, but does not even attempt to start. I had a mechanic look att, but he couldn't see what was wrong with it. Its not alternator for sure he said. Can anybody help?
    CroCivic91 Posts: 729, Reputation: 23

Jun 25, 2006, 02:02 AM
    Did you try connecting the car to another known good battery with boost cables and try to start it? Are all the fuses OK? Is Check Engine Light on?

Jun 25, 2006, 03:47 AM
    Well, I've just had the car serviced, so I think all the fuses etc are good. The engine light does not come on, and I've left the battery on charge, and I'm just going to give it a try in a few minutes. The mechanic did mention it could be an electrical problem to do with ignition switch. Ill try the battery idea and get back to you. Thanks

Jun 25, 2006, 04:42 AM
    Hi

I've tried the battery suggestion but no difference. It gives a little clicking noise coming from the dash board area??
    rd68 Posts: 122, Reputation: 10

Jun 25, 2006, 05:31 AM
    Did you check your fuses and relay switches to see if any were blown.Or it could be the coil gone bad.

Jun 25, 2006, 06:00 AM
    Witch fuses or switches would you be referring to. And if it is the coil is that a big job

Jun 25, 2006, 06:13 AM
    I've had a little look. Could it have anything to do with the ignition switch fuse? That's the one under the bonnet.

Jun 25, 2006, 06:33 AM
    Well the fueses have been checked, and I'm 99% sure it doesn't have an imobolizer, but the mechanic seems to think it does. He suggest its got something to do with the fuel pump? Sorry if I'm blabbing on.
    rd68 Posts: 122, Reputation: 10

Jun 25, 2006, 12:17 PM
    Don't worry about babbling it's more info you give.First check and listen for your fuel pump to kick on.All you have to do is turn your key on and you should be able to the pump for a sec.If you hear it it's not your fuel pump.If all your fuses are 99% then it's not a fuse could be a relay fuse check the ignition relay fuse.And the coil depends on where it's located but it's not a big job at all just a couple of bolts holding it on.

Jun 26, 2006, 12:22 AM
    Hi,

You won't believe what the problem was. Like I said somebody came tp take the car for a test drive, and was ready to hand over the money, and me handover the paperwork. As I was about go the car did not start. I don't know how and did not even know that the key has some sort of sensor in it which allows the ignition to start. The sensor was fit into a cut triangular shape in the key, so basically it slots in. like I said I did not realise it had such a hing. While I was stuck in my car, not being able to start I found this , which would later tunr out to be the key to my ignition. Having not paid much attnetion I just chucked into the side compartment of my car. I had seen this little traingle shape somewhere but was not really in the mood to be playing games. So now having got the car towed home, mechanics comes around, can realise what the problem is, then I thought let me just see what the traingle was all about. So I placed perfectly into the hole and, tunred the ignition, and would you beilve it started. So luck for me I did not throw that away.

Sorry but I just had to explain myself, because I'm so happy now. Even though I lost out on selling the car, I've still got a car that works. Thanks for all your help guys.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

1991 honda lx coupe starting problems [ 9 Answers ]

Hi I have a 1991 Honda Accord LX and I have had starting problems since I've had it. The engine will turn over but not start and when it finally cranks up it dies like it is running out of gas. If I let it sit for a few minutes it starts up and runs great. I have another problem of my "S" light...

1986 Honda Accord LX/1996 Honda Accord LX [ 12 Answers ]

Would someone be able to tell me if the wheels on an 1986 Honda Accord are interchangeable with those of a 1996 Honda Accord. Thank you

Honda Accord [ 25 Answers ]

I am having problem with my Honda :( startes great from home , but as soon as I live from work approx 8hours later it does not want to start. Cranks and that's it. Nothing else. Mostly everything is new. Battery, wires, plugs, cap,rotor, timing belt,balancer belt, seals, water pump, intake...

Honda 99 V6 Lx 2 Door Coupe [ 9 Answers ]

My Honda 99 V6 LX Coupe is recently giving me problems, yesterday night while driving on the highway, when I accelerated it, it died for a moment and then picked up. Today while I was stopped at a stop sign, when I accelerated it, it died again. After few min it started and died again, It started...

00 Honda Accord Coupe V6 won't start [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, just about two month ago my car's been having that starting problem. It happens 3 or 4 times a week when I go pump my gas or when I leave my car off for 10 minutes. It would just crank and won't start I have to sit there and wait like another 10 minutes or so to start it up. It's really...

View more questions Search