Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Erikay626 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 19, 2008, 07:29 AM
    Bidding on Government Contracts
    I am search of the application process of being able to bid on government contracted construction jobs
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Nov 19, 2008, 03:43 PM

You follow the exact terms of each bid
    Each agency wanting the work and/or General serivces will post the bids.

They will list requirements for bonds requied at bid and other issues to be requried.

The bids are normally very complete as to what has to be done.
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Nov 20, 2008, 04:39 AM

Hi, Erikay626!

You'll also find requirements via clicking on the following search and subsequent websites that you'll find on the search.

Government Contracts Construction Requirements - Google Search

Thanks!
    Stringer Posts: 3,733, Reputation: 770
    Business Expert

Dec 2, 2008, 06:55 PM

Reading all the fine print is necessary. Any one of a hundred things may disqualify you.

For example, if you are not a government registered minority (African American, American Indian, etc. any MBE or WBE) and it is "set aside" business then you can not bid. Sometimes though this is represented by a percentage of the total bid amount.

Stringer

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Paint bidding [ 7 Answers ]

I need to now how to bid the painting on a wallmart store

Bidding for my area [ 1 Answers ]

What are the going rates for post construction clean up in the state of Missouri or how would I find out

Bidding 4 client [ 1 Answers ]

Hello for the first time but not for the last. This is dre da Business man with a simple question on how do I go about bidding on commercial contracts for a cleaning company that my cousin own and I work for? HE has the company with a small number of clients but I am trying to expand his work?

Bidding on a job [ 2 Answers ]

Hello... my name is Dan and I've just recently decided on going into business for myself. I've decided that commercial pressure washing is what I want to do but I'm not sure how to bid on the job. Is there a certain formula to use concerning the amount of money to charge?

View more questions Search