Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    sushan Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 18, 2008, 11:07 PM
    Internet connection through USB modem shows error,y?
    Dear frens,
    I have installed driver for usb modem and gllink hardware that is found ,I am trying to connect to the intenet via usb modem,I have installed,but when I tries to connect,it shows "Opening port and shows dialing icon "an shows dialing failed,but it doessnot connect.

I have named connection as CDMA which shows : GLINK cdma modem

When I looked up the connection prpoerties,it shows the Glink is connected via modem glink cdma modem(COM3) at speed 230400 bps under General tab, Note: less than that speed i.e. 230400bps then it show "error: 691 hardware problem"
    Under networking tab,it shows 2 options
    PPP:Windows 95/98/NT4/2000,internet as default
    Slip: UNIX connection(I have tried it also,no changes)

PS: the usb modem deive shows yellow blinking light when it is connected to usb port, I am sure usb modem is working good

After 1 minutes of failed dialing,it shows
    Error #777(default number of my provider of usb internet). The connection attempt failed because the modem (or other connecting device) on the remote computer is out of order),what it means

I have looked at the device manager,it shows Port(COm & LPT)
    Under it,Glink port(COM3)
    Communications port(COM1)
    Printer port(LPT1)

And,
    What is the problem?? the internet connection is OK in latop as my frens mentioned,I have bought of one my frens who had a laptop

And,I tried second time,it shows

Error 633: The modem(or other connecting device is already in use) or is not configured properly..more info:633
    Is there any settings to be changed in my desktop?

Please suggest me

Thanks
    araged Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 19, 2008, 01:40 AM

Do you have another modem (pci)in your computer configured
    KISS Posts: 12,510, Reputation: 839
    Uber Member

Nov 19, 2008, 12:56 PM

That sounds like a card cellular modem.

The #777 doesn't seem right for a number. Call it and see if you get a modem tone even for a second. The callmay also immediately drop. Only real way to know if call a FAX number and see if the calls drop.

Try *99***1# as the phone number.
    sushan Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 19, 2008, 11:03 PM

#777 is the my telecom default number,I think changes cannot effect in the dailing

Other suggestion, though I will try it

Thanks for the anwers

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I cannot access to internet but the internet connection is good [ 10 Answers ]

Hi there, I have a problem, and I have no clue about it. I have a wireless internet connection and I don't know what happened but I can not access to the internet. The wireless connection is fine, there is the green icon saying that the signal is perfect, but when I open the internet...

Internet/Modem Problems [ 1 Answers ]

Not sure if this is where it goes, but move it if not. Ok so I have been having internet problems for a good two weeks or so. I have DSL and I would be using the computer and all of a sudden the internet light would go off. So I would diagnose the problem when the internet explorer "page can not be...

Modem error [ 2 Answers ]

Not able to connect through dailup from Toshiba Laptop. ERROR:not able to connect as this modem supports only analog phones!

I can't connect to the internet with my switch and cable modem [ 1 Answers ]

I just bought a 3com 8port switch for my 5 pc's and my LAN works fine. I used to have a 4 port wireless cable router before I bought the switch. I give the router to my brother (in case you guys ask where is the router now). I connect the cable modem to the switch to see if any of the PC can go...

Laptop Modem Connection [ 3 Answers ]

Is it possible to connect a laptop to a cable modem through a desktop CPU to avoid running another separate network cable from the modem itself ? I want to be able to go online and use the laptop as a second monitor without running another cable.Any info you could give me will be greatly...

View more questions Search