Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Clueless7 Posts: 10, Reputation: 1

Nov 18, 2008, 04:06 PM
    DVD drives disappeared
    Dear Help Desk,

All of a sudden, my DVD and CD burner drives have disappeared. I have a partitioned hard drive, C/D; my other drives include: floppy (still working) plus a DVD drive which also reads CDs and a CD/RW drive below that I use for burning CDs. My computer doesn't recognize any of these and they do not show up in the device manager. I have no idea what happened to them, but this is very recent.

I attempted to use GoBack yesterday when I noticed, but I could only go back to earlier that day and it didn't work. I am not really a whiz at this stuff. Is there anything I can do short of calling a tech?
    seahwk83 Posts: 3,276, Reputation: 212
    Ultra Member

Nov 18, 2008, 07:33 PM

Check answer in your other post
    angeliken Posts: 16, Reputation: 1

Dec 29, 2008, 07:34 AM

First, try to uninstall the software you used for this hardware (CD/DVD Burner) from Control Panel (Add/Remove) depending on the type of operating system you are using; then remove the hardware from the CPU (central processing unit) itself. Then, add back again the hardware. Reboot, and your operating system should automatically read the hardware you just connected. Check from the Device Manager to make sure it was properly installed. Good luck!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

CD ROM DRIVE disappeared [ 6 Answers ]

Dear Sir, I did not find my solution from previous questions and answers. I am using two windows o.s in my computer 1. window 98 and 2. windows XP. In both of these windows CD Rom has disappeared. I am unable to find out cd rom in my computer. Before that after switching off my computer I...

Cd and dvd drive disappeared [ 4 Answers ]

My cd and dvd drive disappeared from "My Computer". How do I get them back? :confused:

She just disappeared. [ 1 Answers ]

Recently, I reconnected with a young woman I knew while in college. Though we didn't date (I was dating others at the time and her school was two states away), there was an obvious attraction and mutual high regard. During an initial date we decided to plan a trip to celebrate the new year, and it...

My address bar disappeared [ 7 Answers ]

After installing A progam I thought I needed,(stupid!) My addressbar disappeared. I tried to get it back by hitting the F11 key, but that does not work. How can I get it back? I am a senior, with little computer knowledge. Thank you very much for helping. Anne, aka MotherSuperior

View more questions Search