Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    remired2316 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 18, 2008, 01:57 PM
    Aunts Visitation Rights
    As a aunt will I be able to get visitation rights for nephew ?
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Nov 18, 2008, 02:21 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by remired2316 View Post
    As a aunt will i be able to get visitation rights for nephew ?

Almost positively no unless there are some other mitigating circumstances such as the child is in foster care.

It's unfortunate that divorce or death separate blood from blood but that is "usually" how it is.

What State?
    kelash Posts: 8, Reputation: 0

Sep 22, 2010, 01:48 PM

I am sorry to say but unfortunately if you took your brother / sister to court you would not have any rights.
    I know this because my partner is in court to see her niece and nephews and the only way that you will have the right in court would be for the government to bring out a legislation for extended family members such as aunts / uncles to see the children they have loved and bonded with.
    My partner is currently trying to change this by making a petition for this legislation to be made but for it to be taken seriously it needs thousands of signitures so if you would not mind could you possibly sign it and post it around your friends / family as I know you will understand the importance of this cause. I hope things work out for you in the end!

The link is : Extended family rights Petition

Thank you so much!

Sep 22, 2010, 01:59 PM

Sorry here is the link again!
    Extended family rights Petition
    Thank you.
    Uber Member

Sep 22, 2010, 02:06 PM

This thread is from 2008 - asked and answered two years ago and OP hs not been back.

Sep 22, 2010, 03:50 PM

Oh OK thanks for letting me know, could you sign the petition for me please?
    Thank you
    Uber Member

Sep 22, 2010, 05:03 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by kelash View Post
    Oh ok thanks for letting me know, could you sign the petition for me please?
    Thankyou

No - on line petitions are meaningless and a waste of time.

Sep 24, 2010, 09:23 AM

This petition has already been seen by the mp of our area and will be sent to the pm when enough signitures have been made, a promise to look into the legislation has already been made by the government all they requested was enough signitures to show that it is a cause large enough to spend government money making this legislation which it is so it is not a waste of time but that is your opinion.
    Uber Member

Sep 24, 2010, 10:26 AM

And you think my American signature will make a difference to your PM?

That's what makes these petitions a waste of time - anyone and everyone signs them, whether it's relevant or not. Many people sign them twice.

I'm not the only person who knows that.
    Kitkat22 Posts: 6,302, Reputation: 1191
    Uber Member

Sep 24, 2010, 11:29 AM

Me no understand petition. Me no sign.. Okie-dokie.

Sep 24, 2010, 11:43 AM

Like I said that is your opinion, if you do not wish to sign then don't but when our pm reads through this petition he will see there is no same signiture twice.
    Thanks anyway.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

An Aunts Visitation Rights [ 5 Answers ]

My nephew passed away last year,his widow would not let his family see his 4 year old son because she said she needed time to get over the death of her husband (my nephew). She has had more than enough time. She moved in with her parents after my nephews death. I want to see and be a part of my...

Visitation for aunts [ 4 Answers ]

My brother is divorced from his ex-wife. She has primary custody and he is supposed o have partial. On more than one occasion he has had to ake her back to court because she was not allowing him to see his son. My brother is not an abusive man nor has he ever failed to pay child support for his...

Rights for Aunts and Uncles [ 6 Answers ]

I am new here and I am in desperate need of help for my nephew. My husband and I have been taking care of our 1yr old nephew since he was 9-10months old. His mother is in prison and due for parole in early August, the father is too unstable to look after his son, He is the one who asked us to care...

Aunts rights? [ 3 Answers ]

Please can anyone tell me if I have any rights to see my nieces and nephew. I have fallen out with my sister because she has treated my mum really badly as she is going through chemo. She has stopped us both from seeing the children and we are devastated. My mum is not yet strong enough to take...

Visitation rights [ 4 Answers ]

1)My dad wants visitation rights and all after 12 years and I was wondering how long it takes before I get to meet him. He got an attorney about 2 weeks ago. My mom still needs to make sure I'm okay with everything and blah blah blah but roughly when should I meet him? If he just started...

View more questions Search