Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tntdynamite Posts: 92, Reputation: 6

Nov 18, 2008, 12:17 PM
    Conserve Water?
    Ok, I understand conserving energy and paper (I do that 2 :))
    But why do we need 2 conserve water? Doesn't it go rite back into the ocean? I saw that in finding nemo, so there is a good chance it's wrong.:p
    But, if it isn't wrong, why conserve water?
    asking Posts: 2,673, Reputation: 660
    Ultra Member

Nov 18, 2008, 08:20 PM

I can think of a couple of reasons.
    1. Most communities rely on supplies of water that become limited whenever it stops raining for a while. It is quite possible to run out of water. There is actually a limited amount of fresh water available and there are now so many people on Earth that we can't waste it the way we once did.

2. Humans use SO much water that there literally isn't enough left for other plants and animals in some places. For example, the huge Colorado River, which cut the Grand Canyon a mile deep is used up almost completely on it's way to the sea. The mouth of the river is so dry that lots of animals that used to live there are now extinct because there's not enough water to support them, just a trickle instead of a mighty river. We humans used all of it on golf courses, in bathtubs, flushing toilets, etc.

In California, the diversion of millions of gallons of water from the Owens Valley to Los Angeles swimming pools led to a green agricultural valley and a huge lake becoming a stark and dusty desert.

3. As human populations increase in number we will use more water, while global warming threatens to reduce rainfall in many places where we now live. So there will be more demand for less water. Fresh water shortages are already a problem in some parts of the world, including China. This will get worse in the future.
    mslmn Posts: 11, Reputation: 1

Jul 18, 2012, 06:20 AM
    Water is a Renewable Resource.. we also know that of 21% water on Earth, 1% IS WHAT WE ALL HAVE..
    And maybe little more we use.
    But we can not guarantee to have the same proportion the other time. The water may go all to the oceans and seas or the global warming may decrease the water level or there maybe no rain for years.. and many more scientific reasons. So what if this' conserved?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Cold water coming out of hot water tap in bathroom but Really hot water in kitchen [ 7 Answers ]

Can anyone give me a reason as to why nearly completely cold water is coming out of my hot water tap in my bathroom but when I run the hot water tap in the kitchen the water is nearly boiling. The hot water and cold water taps are separate in the bathroom, where the kitchen has a handle which...

New hot water heater installed, but no hot water pressure. Plenty of cold water? [ 11 Answers ]

Hi, I own a small plumbing service and have a problem I've never encountered before. I installed a new top vented gas water heater for a customer. Turned the main back on, bled air out of the lines, etc. Problem is there is no hot water pressure throughout the house. Cold water pressure is fine....

Daylight basement water leak, cause by broken water pipe or saturated ground water? [ 1 Answers ]

I have a 6 units 3 stories with daylight basement apartment. Build in 1960. Just bought it few months ago. Last year the previous owner had a bad flood in the daylight basement after long period of rain. They cleaned out the area, remodel it. Good for few months, last couple of weeks rain long...

Conserve Energy [ 8 Answers ]

Hi :D Tomorrow I will have my final test :p Am so habby to finish this course. I think my grade will be B :rolleyes: <<<not bad for An art student. Well my question is: During very hot summer days we are often reminded to conserve energy. Isn't energy Conserved anyway, or this refers...

Religion is what can conserve peace [ 36 Answers ]

Today all peoples are fighting for religion,this is true some fight with guns other with thoughts and some with their philosophy.a person who curse other in name of religion only right when other has stopped him or her to do their practice.the peoples who killed other in name of religion don't even...

View more questions Search