Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jmw0713 Posts: 1,012, Reputation: 305
    Ultra Member

Nov 19, 2008, 12:15 PM
    Nice analogy KC. Especially for this disrespecting girl!
    smsuttell Posts: 8, Reputation: 1

Nov 19, 2008, 01:18 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by kctiger View Post
    You are done with her, as if I was done with the toilet paper I just used in the bathroom...I won't be digging that out of the toilet!
    Haha that is funny. I already have my pilot's license and I am looking for an Aerial Photography Pilot job to build hours and eventually work for an airline. I'm not ever going to speak to her again and she can take her baggage of $10,000 credit card debt with her.
    kctiger Posts: 3,653, Reputation: 1319
    Ultra Member

Nov 19, 2008, 02:26 PM

Nice. You would be surprised how many awful situations turn into incredible opportunities. Life has a funny way of turning things around.
    ZoeMarie Posts: 2,049, Reputation: 468
    Ultra Member

Nov 19, 2008, 03:17 PM

It's like they say, "when one door closes another one opens."
    turtleneck123 Posts: 59, Reputation: 1

Nov 23, 2008, 08:44 PM

What comes around goes around. I've been dumped, ignored, had talked about me, cheated on, and it hurts. Then a couple months later, she will call/email/text/message you begging to get you back. Hell no. but now you know, she is not worth a second of your time and you went out on top. You will get yours soon enough, just don't go pressing for something. It'll come to you

Nov 23, 2008, 11:37 PM
    I really hope she doesn't try to come back, I have been enjoying the single life plus there is no way I could ever get back together with her. There would be major trust issues and there would be recurring fights and breakups. I finally stopped moping around after a few days and started hanging out late and partying with friends that I hadn't seen in years because she didn't like most of them. The only thing that kind of sucks right now is that it's hard for me to talk to other girls still. I don't think I'm ready to start dating other girls because I just get down when I think about that. I've had several girls at the parties I've gone to try and flirt, but I just can't do it right now. Is that normal?

Nov 24, 2008, 01:00 AM
    Haha Out of My System by Bow Wow is like my favorite song now
    Ultra Member

Nov 24, 2008, 06:31 AM

It is very normal to feel awkward around other girls right now. I wouldn't even recommend talking trying to flirt with them if your intention is to start a relationship. It is always fun to flirt or just talk to girls to take your mind off things, but right now you probably will find it hard to do that as you are just coming off a four year relationship. It is still in your mind, no matter how much you think it isn't. Just keep doing what you are doing. Going out with old friends, catching up, and living your life. Eventually you will not find it difficult to spark a conversation with a girl. But, that isn't important right now.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Nov 24, 2008, 07:28 AM

Treat the females as you would any male at this point, friendly. Flirting is a bit overblown.
    busterite Posts: 156, Reputation: 30

Nov 24, 2008, 10:38 AM

It is perfectly normal to feel like that. Take this time to enjoy yourself and become the person you want to be. I was in your position 5 months ago. I went NC pretty much after the 2nd week. She contacted me numerous times but I never responded. I just went on with my life. Catching up with friends making new friends, going on dates, focusing on hobbies I didn't have time to do before and generally trying to fill the gap. And it really did work. Im not sure if Im completely over her but I feel fine.

Then about 3-4 days ago I got an email from her basically telling me how sorry she is for the way she treated me, how her life is a lie and how she has tried to convince herself it was OK of her to leave me but has failed. How she needs me now that she is going through a rough patch, because I was always able to help her, but knows she has no right to ask for friendship after the way she treated me. So what do I understand from all this? She does not want me back for sure but still wants all the emotional support I used to provide because her current guy might not be able to offer her that. So will I actually be her friend and provide all that? DEFINITELY NOT! And I am not doing it out of revenge. Im just protecting myself and do not want to start moving backwards after all I've been through. So what Im trying to say is that you need to put yourself first now and even if her guilt forces her to come back you need to be strong and just keep moving forward.

Good luck with it.

Nov 25, 2008, 12:58 AM
    Thanks for the insight man. It is really encouraging reading about peoples similar experiences. It makes me feel like I'm not alone out there. I have a lot of great friends that have been helping me through this difficult time, as well as great advice from this website. I am using this experience as just another lesson to learn from and more of a blessing than a curse.

I started flying again yesterday, it was so fun. I flew over Qwest Field where the Seattle Seahawks play and ate lunch at an airport looking over the ocean with a friend and came back. Best time I've had in awhile. Check out a couple pics a friend took.
    Attached Images

busterite Posts: 156, Reputation: 30

Nov 25, 2008, 04:51 AM

You are definitely not alone out there man.
    Its really good to hear that you started flying again. Keep this up and don't look back. Even if she contacts you don't let her get to you. She might regret this but you will have moved on to better things.
    Ultra Member

Nov 25, 2008, 06:51 AM

Yeah, keep it up man! You chasing your dreams can be an inspiration to to all of us. It is good to see you aren't letting the situation bring you down or keep your from doing what you want to do.
    Molecular Posts: 34, Reputation: 12

Nov 25, 2008, 01:20 PM

I guess I might as well throw myself on the bandwagon of people who have been in that exact situation. We all know it hurts, but we all also know how much better it gets.

For me, personally, the last three months since my relationship with my ex ended I've pretty much accomplished more than I did in my previous five years with her. And by the sounds of it, you too are accomplishing much more now that you are without her.

Had I stayed with my ex for the rest of my life, which was my plan at the time, I would never amount to half of the things I always wanted to do in life, and I can now honestly say that us breaking up is the best thing that ever happened to me.

If you can even achieve a fracture of what you always wanted to do but didn't get to do because of the limiations your relationship brought on you, I think you can safely look back and be glad things happened the way they did.

Meanwhile hang in there bud! And don't look back, because there really isn't anything to see.
    LifeChangesMan Posts: 329, Reputation: 39

Nov 25, 2008, 01:45 PM
    Hey pal! Let me catch up real quick with this post, lol it's funny it's just like my story.

I'll never understand why women do these things (I'm sure men do it to but, I'm on this side of the fence lol) I'm so sorry to hear what happened to you my stomach dropped for you when I read the cheated thing but honestly you need to look at it as she was a piece of crap and you don't need that you deserve so much better, I know how it feels to give your whole to someone for 4 years and have them walk out of your life like it means NOTHING to them, dude do you now, live your life just no your better then her and your going somewhere in life and I guarantee that this will comeback to haunt her at night while she lies alone in bed and wherever she is, watch you will see.

And most importantly, don't you dare take her back, or all of us from this forum will come kick your butt pal but, I know you wouldn't do that. You're a great person, you wouldn't be if you didn't come to this site, everyone on here is a great person and just cared about their significant other so much when they walked out of their life they didn't know where to turn, I'm so glad I found this site it's helped me so much, and I plan on helping everyone as much as I can from here on out. Take care of yourself.

P.S. sorry you're a seahawks fan :cool:

Nov 25, 2008, 05:25 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by LifeChangesMan View Post

P.S. sorry your a seahawks fan :cool:
    Yeah, it's been a rough year for Seattle sports all together. The Sonics are gone, the Mariners lost over 100 games, the Seahawks suck... even the college teams are absolutely terrible haha.

Anyway, yeah there is absolutely no chance I would get back together with her. Too many hurtful things have been said and done. I wouldn't be able to forgive her completely and it would be a no trust relationship.
    LifeChangesMan Posts: 329, Reputation: 39

Nov 25, 2008, 09:05 PM
    Good for you and I'm sure you didn't even see them until this BS situation happened, trust me it sucks but it's good for you, the universe always has a plan. :p
    loveni Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

May 12, 2011, 03:16 PM
    Chin up mate
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

May 12, 2011, 05:06 PM

Please keep an eye on the dates - this is from 2008. There are other more recent posts which could use your input.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Broke up with girlfriend of 3 years, what to do first? [ 9 Answers ]

Hi everyone, I just signed up for this forum today because I thought it would be a good place to get advice, and reflect on the issue I'm currently facing. Recently my girlfriend informed me that she wanted a break from our relationship because she felt that she was too dependent and too consumed...

Girlfriend broke up with me after 7 years [ 10 Answers ]

Please help me with advice... this took a lot of courage to sign up to this board and share my story, so here goes... On 5/3/08 my girlfriend broke up with me after a 6 1/2 (yes, six and a half!) year relationship. It's crucial that I express the circumstances of how we met and what we were to...

My girlfriend of 5 years broke up with me, or did she? [ 12 Answers ]

Although there's probably a plethora of questions like this one on these forums already and you guys probably can't tell me anything that I can't or haven't already read in the stickies, I just felt like I needed to give my story either way. Me and my girlfriend met around 8 years ago, and we...

Still living with girlfriend of 3 years who broke up with me [ 10 Answers ]

Hi everyone, It's been two and a half weeks since the love of my life broke up with me and things aren't getting any easier... if anything, they're getting harder and harder as my hopes for reconciliation dwindle. We were together for 3 years and lived together for 2.5 of them. I'm 25 (she's 33)...

My girlfriend of two years broke up with me for no reason and I really want her back [ 3 Answers ]

Hey guys so my girlfriend she's the love of my life and I'm crazy about her, but since we been togather in these last two years she has left me 4 times and I have never left her I can never stay mad at her. The first 3 times she left and came back were understandable reasons I guess I forgave her...

View more questions Search