Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    filadajunk Posts: 1, Reputation: 2

Jun 24, 2006, 05:27 AM
    Pulled Fuse on '97 Prelude Now Won't Start
    My radio and power to the cigarette lighter died while I was driving. I pulled over and started checking the fuses unfortunately with the vehicle running. When I pulled the fuse under the dash marked ACC the car quit running. I didn't think anything of it at the time. I just figured that after I was done checking fuses everything would be OK.
    I found the blown fuse for the radio and cigarette lighter under the hood of the car, replaced it and now the car won't start. It turns over but won't start. Is this something that I messed up by pulling the ACC fuse with the vehicle running? Can I, maybe, disconnect battery power to reset and it will be OK or is there more that will need to be checked out? Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    W
    rd68 Posts: 122, Reputation: 10

Jun 25, 2006, 05:21 AM
    Yes try to unhook your batt.to see if it does reset itself.
    TxGreaseMonkey Posts: 16,761, Reputation: 5597
    Uber Member

Jun 27, 2006, 06:08 PM
    The safest and most quick way to check your fuses is to use a digital multi-meter (DMM). Using a DMM prevents the possibility of removing a fuse, especially difficult to see under-dash fuses, and replacing it in the wrong slot. If you disconnect the negative battery cable first, set your DMM on audible ohms and touch the leads to the metal test points on the top of each fuse. When you hear the "beep," the fuse checks out as O.K. Using this approach, you can check all under-hood and under-dash fuses in two minutes. If you don't want to disconnect the negative battery cable, set your DMM on DCV, turn the ignition ON, and proceed to check each fuse, looking at the voltage displayed for verification.

Using this approach, I would recheck every fuse on your vehicle. It's easier than you think to overlook an important fuse, so I would first consult a wiring diagram for your car.
    Next, I would see if you triggered an anti-theft interlock.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

89 Honda Prelude S non-FI 5spd [ 6 Answers ]

Hi, I need help with my Honda. Spark Plugs are the issue. What brand/size of Spark Plug is the best (across the board) for my car? NGK?

Ceiling fan string pulled out [ 3 Answers ]

Hi, I went to turn on my 1 yr old ceiling fan and the string just pulled right out. Now my fan is stuck in the high mode... is there anything I can do to easily remedy this? I cannot get the fan off at all w/out this string... I can only change it's direction. I am NOT very handy at all, so...

Chain pulled out! Nowhere to turn! [ 4 Answers ]

Hello, I own a Hampton Bay ceiling fan and it has two chains, one for fan speeds and one for the light. I have a switch on the wall that enables me to turn both on or off and the chains allow me to switch them individually. I just left the room after a conversation and pulled the light chain and...

View more questions Search