Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Becca1025 Posts: 422, Reputation: 45

Nov 17, 2008, 07:54 PM
    Pregnancy aches and pains
    Around 18ish weeks pregnant, I fell flat on my back. I went to the doctor and of course everything was fine other then a slight sore back for a couple of days. Now I am 27 weeks and all of a sudden experiencing really bad back pain. I have had a baby before and am pretty familiar with pregnancy pains, but this is something I've never felt before and do not know if it's from the pregnancy or what. The lower left side of my back is just killing me. It doesn't hurt when I am sitting down or laying down, but each time I take a step this sharp pain just shoots through the lower left side of my back. It doesn't feel like nerve pain. It is really really really sharp feeling. Does it sound like those normal pregnancy pains and I'm just getting them worse this time? Or does it sound like something different? Maybe that hard fell I had awhile back has something to do with it? I would call my OBGYN but it's 8pm here so the office is closed. I don't really want to call labor and delivery since that is for emergencies and this isn't really one. So just opinions and ideas of what it could be would be helpful. Thanks
    ttara81 Posts: 161, Reputation: 9

Nov 18, 2008, 02:17 PM

I've never personally experienced this and I am not a doctor, but I've heard that a baby can position themselves on a nerve which causes pain...

Just an idea... hope everything works out for you!
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Nov 18, 2008, 02:51 PM
    Sounds like pregnancy induced sciatica. As you know each pregnancy is different, and with subsequent pregnancies you will feel the pains worse and different pains will show up. The fall on the back could have exaggerated this.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Aches, cramps could it be pregnancy [ 6 Answers ]

Hiya just woundering is someone could give some advice on my current situation. So here it goes my persiod was due on the 12 and its ot come and its now the 16th so I'm a couple days late! I haven't been using any birth control for the last 6 months as me and my partner are trying for a baby. I...

Pregnancy, Sharp Pains in Stomach [ 3 Answers ]

My wife is about 7 weeks pregnant and she is getting sharp pains in here stomach. We are unsure what the cause of this could be.

Pains during pregnancy [ 2 Answers ]

Many of you already know that I am 6 weeks pregnant. I know that along with pregnancy comes lots of new pains, but I had these really sharp, quick stabbing pains on my right side (around my ovary). I'm pretty sure it isn't ectopic pregnancy just because shortly before my period was due I had...

Period Like Pains In Early Pregnancy [ 4 Answers ]

Has anyone had period like pains in the early stages of pregnancy? They are not really really bad but I can feel them like I know they are there. I'm 6 weeks tomorrow.

Stomach aches [ 1 Answers ]

My 10 year old son has been complaining of a stomach ache. It started in the upper right area and moved to lower right and now this morning when he got up, it seems more central. He has complained before this on several occasions but it just went away. It has been a constant pain which gets...

View more questions Search