Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    muratnyc Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 17, 2008, 06:17 PM
    Rent Increase in Jersey City/NJ
    What is the percentage of the rent increase in Jersey City? I live in a two apartment house on the first floor. Thanks.
    LisaB4657 Posts: 3,662, Reputation: 534
    Expert

Nov 17, 2008, 06:27 PM
    If there is a rent control ordinance in Jersey City then you can get the info from the City Clerk's office at Town Hall. If there is no rent control ordinance then the state law allows a "reasonable" increase.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Rent increase on rent control in Jersey City, NJ [ 6 Answers ]

Does anyone know the what the percentage of rental increase is for a rent control building in Jersey City? Also, can the landlord ask for additional deposit for the rental unit? Thanks... Jay

Rent increase percentage cap for New jersey year to year [ 5 Answers ]

Hi, I am signing a lease for another year with my landlord but he wants to increase the rent 15% for the new year. Is there a cap on the increase for raising rent. This is for a house, not an apartment. Thanks!

Jersey city - need a car or use public transport [ 1 Answers ]

I am moving to the Jersey city area; somewhere in an area bounded to the south by the New Jersey city university, to the north by Hoboken, to the East by Journal Square, and to the West by Newport. My question is: Do I need a car if I live in the Jersey city area mentioned above? I usually go...

Live in New Jersey Work in New York City [ 1 Answers ]

I want to know if there are specific tax advantages if one were to live full-year in New Jersey and work in Manhattan versus the case where one were to live full-year in New York city and work in Manhattan. If I were to live full-year in New Jersey and work in Manhattan, will I have to pay New...

Rent increase in the state of New Jersey [ 2 Answers ]

I have been renting a single family home in ocean countny for 4 years every year the landlord reaises the rent 25 dollars. This year with 6 days notice he raised it 200.00 I had no choice but to sign the new lease or vacate. Is this leagl in the state of New Jersey. And if not what can I do about...

View more questions Search