Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mrsvidana Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 23, 2006, 01:51 PM
    Hampton Bay Fan Light/Fan Remote Problem
    Hello, we have a Hampton Bay fan and my son dropped the remote and it stopped working. I changed the batteries and that didn't work. Now I asked someone at Home Depot what I needed to do. They instructed me to buy a new remote kit... I did however it came with a little grey box with 3 cords (white,black and blue) and on the other side it has (blk and white). The other thing is that when we went to change the box it didn't have on does that mean that fan had it built in? Should I attach the grey box and the remote will work. Or do I need to take the fan apart to look for the other grey box. :(
    ceilingfanrepair Posts: 5,733, Reputation: 109
    Uber Member

Jun 26, 2006, 08:52 PM
    You want a new replacement remote, not remote kit. They sell Universal remotes that should work fine. When you get it, match the frequency to that of the fan.

http://www.ceiling-fans-n-more.com/c...e-controls.php
    rclc0104 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Mar 30, 2009, 12:15 PM

My remote will not turn the light on. I can turn on the fan with my wall switch and control the fan blades with my remote, but the remote will not turn on and turn off the light?

Mar 30, 2009, 12:23 PM
    The remote will not turn on the light and fan. I can turn on the light with the wall switch and then I can turn on the fan with the remote. I cannot turn off the light with the remote?

Mar 30, 2009, 12:34 PM
    The remote will not turn on the light and fan. I can turn on the light with the wall switch and then I can turn on the fan with the remote. I cannot turn off the light with the remote. I then programed the frequency from another Hampton remote to match that works and it still does not work?
    Uber Member

Apr 1, 2009, 07:14 PM

Did it ever work? If not, check the wiring. If so, bad receiver.

Ceiling fan remote controls - help and FAQ- Ceiling Fans N More
    liz robson Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 27, 2009, 05:47 PM
    I Have a Hampton Bay ceiling remote fan. On the remote it says

FCC No. G9P28TAUC 7030T

Model No. UC7030T

Serial No 9601

Then a big 09267

The remote will not turn the fan on or off and will also not turn the lights on or off.

What can I do.
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Apr 27, 2009, 06:45 PM

Congrats, you too have tagged alone on a post that is nearly 3 years old, several others have too. Open a new post by clicking ASK at the top of the page. In the maentime check the small dip switches on both the remote and the receiver, they must match perfectly.
    Uber Member

May 4, 2009, 10:25 PM

Does the LED on the remote still light? Usually a bad receiver.

celenabarrera Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 2, 2009, 04:47 PM
    I was just wanting to know how to reprogram the brand new remote I just bought?
    celenabarrera Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 2, 2009, 04:48 PM

I need to know how to reprogram the new remote I just bought for my fan.
    Uber Member

Jul 21, 2009, 01:48 AM

You don't program remotes. You make sure the dip switches match those in the fan receiver:

cccc Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 13, 2010, 07:57 PM
    I have the hampton bay fan, the remote cannt turn the fan off, but the remote can do reverse the fan, the light on/off without any problem. How can I fix the problem? I waste a lot of electric on my last PG&G bill. Please help.
    Uber Member

Jan 27, 2010, 02:07 AM

Fans actually don't use a lot of electricity, so the fan is not the reason your bill is high.

When you push the off button, does the LED light?

jjmoose Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 12, 2010, 04:03 PM
    I wish not to remove the ceiling fan to reset my receiver.I
    Uber Member

Jul 12, 2010, 04:21 PM

Do you have a question?
    marusitto Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 31, 2011, 01:05 PM
    I need replace the blades (small side)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Hampton Bay Remote Ceiling Fan - light works - no fan [ 2 Answers ]

After about 4 months of use, this began to happen. I would try to turn on the fan (either Low Med or High) and the fan would barely turn. Sometimes it would work - this lasted for about 5 days. Since then, if you try to turn on the fan, you get no response. Now, the light will still turn on...

Hampton Bay Fan Light Remote Problems [ 8 Answers ]

I have a Hampton Bay Redington II Pinnacle Fan with light kit. It was installed a few years ago, and the fan works fine, but the light has never worked with the remote. The store replaced the remote, but this one doesn't work either. We can turn the light on and off with the wall switch, but...

Hampton Bay remote doesn't turn on light [ 8 Answers ]

I am in need of assistance, if possible. I recently bought a Hampton Bay Windward II ceiling fan from Home Depot. I installed the fan according to the instructions. With the wall switch turned "on", the fan light comes on and the fan begins spinning; however, the remote will operate the fan and all...

Hampton bay fan remote works the speed not light [ 3 Answers ]

I installed this fan OK... it was fine for 2.5 years now the remote only works the fan speed. It does not work the lights. I removed the fan and checked connections which are good.Luckily the fans lights are in the on position and POWER is through a wall switch,that controls the lights. But I wish...

Hampton Bay Remote Won't Completely Turn Off Light [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, I just purchased two Hampton Bay Ceiling Fan Remotes (Transmitter/Receiver). Model: 191-707. I wired one up in my living room and the other in the kitchen. I was able to turn my lights on/off and my fan too. They worked great or so I thought. When it got dark out I noticed that with the...

View more questions Search