Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    buarnet Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 17, 2008, 11:13 AM
    Flip mortgage fraud in canada
    My wife and I as well as 28 other people are in a law suite. We are trying to understand the responcibility of the banks. They gave us mortgages with a condition of selling our house, of which we did not do. However they have forged documents claiming we did sell our house which we did not do. Also our purchase agreament for these condo's we were investing in are also forged. To the point they even spelled my name wrong. My question is, what responcibility do the banks have for ensuring that the documents are lagitimate, and are the mortgage contracts still binding?
    rockinmommy Posts: 1,123, Reputation: 82
    Ultra Member

Nov 17, 2008, 12:08 PM

So who is suing you, and for what?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Nov 17, 2008, 12:32 PM

Can you explain your question as to who frauded the papers

But if they were presented with documents from a company, the person who made the fake documents are the one to blame, unless the bank was aware they were fraud or somehow took a part in it.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Statute of limitation for fraud in Canada? [ 9 Answers ]

How long is the statute of limitations for fraud in Ontario, for criminal cases? Fraud under $5000 that is. Also, what would be considered discovery of fraud (date that statute starts), the date when the victim is aware of the fraud or when it is reported to the authorities? Fraud under...

Immigration fraud in Canada [ 2 Answers ]

How to report immigration fraud in Canada? Thanks. g.z.

Fraud/ Theft in Canada over 5000$ [ 4 Answers ]

I found a glitch in the bank system in Canada and during this glitch you can transfer money from an empty checking account to your savings and the machine will do this transfer. What are the consequences of this if I took over 200.000$? Is this theft or fraud and what is the statute of limitations...

Mortgage fraud [ 3 Answers ]

Is it fraud when a bank and mortgage co knowing the payment was misplace and cover up the error in which the mortgage has made and take a person home from them knowing they were wrong

View more questions Search