Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    okierose Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 17, 2008, 07:36 AM
    Father abandoned?
    I am presently married and my daughters possible biological dad has came into the pic after she is 11 yrs old. He has not contacted me until now and was incarcerated when she was born. My daughter has my husbands last name and he also signed birth certifacate. Do I have any rights as to not wanting to have paternity done etc.. he is stalking me and put signs all over my town with daughter and my pic and said untrue remarks. He is nuts and I do not want my daughter near him. I am in Oklahoma. What are my rights?
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Nov 17, 2008, 07:39 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by okierose View Post
    I am presently married and my daughters possible biological dad has came into the pic after she is 11 yrs old. he has not contacted me until now and was incarcerated when she was born. my daughter has my husbands last name and he also signed birth certifacate. do i have any rights as to not wanting to have paternity done etc..? he is stalking me and put signs all over my town with daughter and my pic and said untrue remarks. he is nuts and i do not want my daughter near him. I am in oklahoma. what are my rights?

You must contact the Police and an Attorney if you are being stalked. And if he files a petition with the Court, then the child will be required to be tested.
    stinawords Posts: 2,071, Reputation: 150
    Ultra Member

Nov 17, 2008, 09:12 AM

Until court ordered you don't have to do a DNA test. However, if he does go to court then the judge will order you and your daughter to submit to DNA testing then you will have to do it or sit in jail until you submit to it. There is no case of abandomnent here so I'm not sure why that is in the subject line.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Birth Father Abandoned child, now has returned [ 6 Answers ]

My child's father abandoned her almost 3 years ago, no letters no support sent nothing. Now he is fighting me in court because he now wants to start a relationship with her. It is amazing to me that the state of NY does not ask any questions about his whereabouts where he was why did he left and...

Father abandoned daughter one and a half years ago and step father wants to adopt [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I have a question. My daughters father completely stopped contact with my daughter a year and a half ago. We were separated for eight years, Since then I have remarried and gone on with my life. He suddenly stopped all contact with her a year and a half ago, stopped child support about three...

My daughter's biological father abandoned her [ 5 Answers ]

My daughter is 8 years old and lives with my husband and I and her younger brother and has for about 5 1/2 years now. We have supported her without any help from her biological father. He took off to NY after we split up when she was 3 1/2. When she was 4 I took him to mediation to try to establish...

Father abandoned my son [ 4 Answers ]

Here is my question, Dec. 2001 I legally divorced my husband, Father to my then 1 year old son. He has not seen my son since he was approx. 5 months old. He was ordered to pay Child Support, Daycare expenses, and keep up with the Health Insurance for my son. He has done none of these things. I...

View more questions Search