Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    rjrhea Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 22, 2006, 06:51 PM
    Ash to reddish
    Yesterday, on the suggestion of some of my friends, I had my blonde hair (not natural but I've had it blonde for years) darkened by getting lowlights, close to my natural color of dark blonde. I had asked my stylist for Jennifer Anistinish light brown, bringing in a pic that showed slight reddish tones. I got dark ash blonde, or as I see it, dishwater blonde. I absolutely hate it. I'd normally march back to the salon but the stylist was telling me how her vacation "starts tomorrow" and I really don't want to wait until she gets back for her to correct it, nor do I want to fork out another $130 for someone else to fix it.

So I ask - What would happen if I home colored with Loreal "warmer" medium reddish blonde? I already bought the box, just not sure if I'm brave enough to try it. I am not so worried about it turning too auburn (I've had red hair before and that looks natural on me too) but I don't want some nightmarish color to appear. My hair seems to be in good shape, not burnt or damaged so I believe it will take the color fine, just not so sure about ash to red coloring.

Thanks in advance for any advice!
    PrettyLady Posts: 2,765, Reputation: 332
    -

Jun 25, 2006, 10:18 PM
    Do not use the box of hair color on your hair, it will only make matters worse. You should go back to the salon to get it fixed. They may fix it free of charge if you're not satisfied with the color. If the person that did your hair has gone on vacation, the salon manager will appoint another hairstylist to you.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Medium Reddish Brown to Light Brown [ 3 Answers ]

I had been coloring my hair a medium copper brown for about a year. The last time I colored 3 months ago I used medium gold brown. My hair is less red, but still has red undertones. I would like to go to a light golden brown. Is there anyway I can do this without ending up looking like Bozo? Am...

Reappearing Reddish Mark [ 2 Answers ]

I have a small reddish mark that appears for a few days to a week and then disappears for several months. The mark shows up on my lower back/upper buttox. It has appeared and disappeared 3 or 4 times now. My primary care physician looked at the mark and said she does not think it is skin cancer,...

Light reddish/pinkish spotting for period [ 3 Answers ]

Hello! I'm not sure what I should do now. I'm not sure if my body is doing weird things or could I be pregnant. First I'm almost 35, next Monday, and I had sex about 3-4 weeks ago, I think it was 3, unprotected using the famous pull out method. Over the last 2 weeks I have been extremely nausous,...

View more questions Search