Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    hate_and_love Posts: 33, Reputation: 1

Nov 16, 2008, 07:53 PM
    My router won't connect to my other 2 computers
    My wireless router will not connect to my other 2 computers. It only connects to one computer,if I'm right is called the host because that the one it is connected to by wires but not the rest. We restarted the computer about 6 times now and it hasn't done anything. Any help on this?
    drdradle Posts: 45, Reputation: 2

Nov 16, 2008, 08:37 PM

Maybe try to restart the router its self, there is a little button usually on the bottom of them that you can push in to reset it, if that's not it, try to go to your other computers and got to network settings from there you can see if you are getting signal from the router and connect to it. Hope this helps some.
    hate_and_love Posts: 33, Reputation: 1

Nov 17, 2008, 08:06 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by drdradle View Post
    maybe try to restart the router its self, there is a little button usualy on the bottom of them that you can push in to reset it, if thats not it, try to go to your other computers and got to network settings from there you can see if you are getting signal from the router and connect to it. hope this helps some.
    I'll try restarting the router,but we have checked and we do get a signal from the router but it just won't let us connect
    chuckhole Posts: 850, Reputation: 45

Nov 18, 2008, 10:38 AM

On one of the computers that is not connecting to the router, please go to a command prompt and type IPCONFIG /ALL >C:\RESULTS.TXT

Then open Notepad and open the C:\RESULTS.TXT file and copy and paste your results to a post here.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How can I connect two computers through LAN? [ 1 Answers ]

I want to know complete process for connecting 2 computers through LAN

How to network two computers using a router [ 2 Answers ]

Hi everyone I'm pretty new to this networking thing, so my problem I have two pc's A & B using windows xp service pack 2 and a router, connected via the LAN port on both PC . The set up was easy but I can't access the printer and files on PC A from PC B. I used the network wizard to set up a...

How to connect computers for Lan [ 1 Answers ]

I am Fresher in Networking Field, I want to know different ways of coneecting computers for lan, How to create Proxy server, DNS

How to connect two computers? [ 5 Answers ]

Hi Everybody.. I'm new to computers.. n I've got two computers at home with windows xp running on them. I would like to know how to connect them to each other. I've got no NIC card and no cross over cable. Let me know the things I need them to connect. And secondly if I would like to connect them...

Hooking 2 computers through a router [ 7 Answers ]

I am trying to get 2 computers to go through a Cable Modem. They both work hooked up individually but not together through the Linksys 8+1. They are both plugged into a Linksys 8+1 Workgroup GigaSwitch EtherFast 10/100/1000 and that device is plugged into the cable modem. Is the 8+1 also known...

View more questions Search