Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Dalliesgrrl Posts: 43, Reputation: 1

Nov 19, 2008, 07:11 PM
    Here is the link to the site in which I have uploaded the pages of the decree concering visitation:

{links removed due to personal info-<>}

Note: Upon viewing, you'll notice that there is text leading up to the first page provided that I have not given. The reason for that is because the previous pages concerning visitation, were for visitation while my husbands ex wife still resided in Arkansas. The portions pertaining to the visitation as of now, begins on the second paragraph of the first page provided.

Nov 19, 2008, 10:14 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottGem View Post
    Before we can agree that she may be in contempt we would need to see the EXACT wording of the visitation order. You may not even be able to file anything since you may not have an legal standing. Step-parents often don't.

Maybe its time to get a new attorney. Did you do as I suggested and contact the base legal department? I still believe that military law may supercede civilian law here leaving you out in the cold.
    My husband is still making payments towards his amount owed to his attorney. Understandably so, she has said she can only represent him on this matter should he pay the entirety of his monies due; we don't have the money to do that.

In saying that, I'm afraid we don't have the money to retain a new attorney now either.

My husband doesn't have a "base" persay as he's National Guard, but a phone call has been made to his Readiness NCO who said he had a friend at JAG who he would pass the issue on to. I sent an email to this NCO with all the relevant information, but haven't received a response from him, or anyone from a JAG office.

I think it all comes down to this: I just want to see my step children while my husband is gone. I have to be without him, why should I be without them? I want them to visit with my daughter, and vice verse. I want my inlaws to visit with all their granddaughters that they love so much. I have these beds, these closets full of clothes and shoes and these toys for these little girls who I'm not being allowed to see. How on earth can this woman think it's in the best interest of the children to abrubtly end a withstanding relationship with me and the grandparents?

I genuinly appreciate your responses and time in the matter; I will update as I can!
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Nov 20, 2008, 07:16 AM

Dallie,

I removed the link in your previous post. You have too much personal info there. I suggest you make a copy and use a marker to black out any personal info. Then rescan and you can post the links and we will be happy to take a look. You can attach a file to a note if that's more convenient then the links. But you need to be careful about posting personal info.

Nov 20, 2008, 06:57 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottGem View Post
    Dallie,

I removed the link in your previous post. You have too much personal info there. I suggest you make a copy and use a marker to black out any personal info. Then rescan and you can post the links and we will be happy to take a look. You can attach a file to a note if that's more convenient then the links. But you need to be careful about posting personal info.
    Your concern is understood.

Regardless, my point in showing the documents was just to point out that there was no speak whatsoever regarding a situation like this. Since last post, our current attorney has washed her hands of the matter stating she is not familiar with Military Law, and we've received a good review from the first line contact at JAG who says we have a promising case. The closest base is a terrible length, but we hope to make an appointment and be seen in two weeks.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Custody father deploying to iraq [ 16 Answers ]

My husband is getting ready to deploy to iraq and my step children want to live full time with us. There was a PFA in order because the biological mother his the older one. The girls are 12 and 14. We have been going to court for a while. They both say they don't want to live with her. Bills...

If my baby's father is deploying in jan can I take him to court? [ 1 Answers ]

How long does it take before you go to court? My ex is deploying in jan and I want him to be here for the trial but I also want to be helped financially for our daughter, he assumes that sincei make more and he has past loans to pay (which so do I) that he does not have to help support her. I...

Visitation rights of the father [ 7 Answers ]

My ex girlfriend will not let me see my 2 young sons. I am paying child support and all I want is to be able to see my sons. What can I do in order to get visitation rights? I would like to pick them up every other weekend at least. What are my rights?

Visitation with father [ 2 Answers ]

I live in North Texas. My ex and I went to mediation this fall he thought that I was in contempt of court and thought I would go to jail. The mediator is a former Texas judge and told him that I would not go to jail and that I was not in contempt. Then we worked out other details but basically...

Visitation to father? Should I? [ 3 Answers ]

I live in North Texas. My ex and I went to mediation this fall he thought that I was in contempt of court and thought I would go to jail. The mediator is a former Texas judge and told him that I would not go to jail and that I was not in contempt. Then we worked out other details but basically...

View more questions Search