Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    hedgepig Posts: 15, Reputation: 1

Nov 16, 2008, 06:21 AM
    Dragon plant dying, anything I can do?
    About 3 weeks ago my indoor dragon plant (Dracaena marginata) was knocked off the cabinet it was on - about 2ft from the floor, it lost about 2in topsoil. It seemed to be OK for a while but recently has now been getting dead ends of leaves and curling brown sides of leaves and then there are leaves that are totally brown and fall off when I touch them - from the centre of the (bud?) of leaves rather than the outside.
    The pot it's in is non-draining so I water it when it the top inch or so gets dry. However recently I've been watering it with sugar-ed water to try to encourage some aliveness in it. I love this tree and really don't want it to die. Is there ANYTHING I can do :(
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Nov 16, 2008, 07:08 AM

You have been over watering. If the top is dry, doesn't mean the rest of the pot is dry and usually not the case. There is a water meter you can buy that tells you how wet the pot is. Don't water with sugared water.

Dracaena can go quite long without water. I have two healthy plants.
    hedgepig Posts: 15, Reputation: 1

Nov 16, 2008, 08:33 AM

OK thanks! That's good to know

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

The Dragon [ 8 Answers ]

Does anyone have any insight as to the "Dragon" in the Bible? I know it refurs to Satan but someone told me they believe it is China. With China's president visiting us , I was wondering if anyone has any thoughts as to it's significance.:confused:

Dragon tattoo [ 3 Answers ]

I am looking for a picture of a dragon tattoo for my arm. I want the dragon tail to start at my wrist and the dragon to wrap itself around my arm 2-3 times with it's head on my shoulder to cover a poorly done tattoo on my shoulder. Anyone have any idea of where I can find such a picture? I have...

Bearded dragon [ 8 Answers ]

I was just curious if anyone else on site has 1? I have a super red and his 1 yr old. I'll post pics when I get home, I h ope you do the same. Dragons are awsome :) :D ha ha

Why is my tomato plant dying, when the rest are healthy? [ 3 Answers ]

I have 6 tomato plants and all but one is healthy. It has some yellow leaves and the whole plant is droopy. The plant has a lot of tomatoes on it. I cant' understand why just this one is dying. I have fed them and watered them. I have planted marigolds around the as well. So what could be...

Tomato plant leaves dying [ 2 Answers ]

I have planted a tomato plant from a small leaf I found inside a tomato. It started growing in a small can, then I moved it to a larger pot. It was growing great, about 2 ft tall, but started falling over so I decided it was time for a larger pot again. Well, I moved it to a 5 gal bucket last...

View more questions Search