Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    xxariesxx Posts: 202, Reputation: 40

Nov 16, 2008, 02:28 AM
    Did I potentially get my computer hacked?
    There is a website I visited because a friend had sent me a link to it, although I found out later it was because he had been hacked and the link was sent to me automatically. But I clicked on it, and it wanted me to enter a bunch of personal information, and I did not. Instead I just hit the back button and another window popped up asking me if I really wanted to leave, and I hit OK and went back to the previous page.
    The website is atomopia.com. I googled it and only found one answer:
    Okay atomopia.com(Tell A Friend)wtf is this website? - Yahoo! Answers
    I want to know if the person who answered the question is right? Am I OK as long as I did not enter any personal information?

I had a post similar to this earlier about keyloggers and I apologize for the extra precautions. I just don't know much about computers and worry I'm going to mess something up.
    JBeaucaire Posts: 5,426, Reputation: 997
    Software Expert

Nov 16, 2008, 02:35 AM

Your fine.

Stop clicking links in emails without a browser that properly catches phishing sites. Practice Safe Surfing.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Leaving one girlfriend for potentially another, but I think it is right! [ 8 Answers ]

Here we go... I was 23 she was 23 and we had been friends for 2 years previous, we got together, and she was initially more keen than me. Eventually I dropped my barriers, learnt/fell in love with her, and we were happy for 6 years. Family, mutual friends, social life, being with each other,...

My computer hacked by someone [ 4 Answers ]

I think my computer is hacked by my friend.he was working on my computer and I think he has left some program on my computer by which he can get info about all my usage.How can I confirm it.. please help and what can I do?

Excessively itchy potentially nervous dog [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I have a 15 month old golden retriever, our second. She has been much more hyper and stubborn than our last, so much of this is new to us. On top of it, we've had a rough year, so she has suffered attention-wise and training -wise and gets in trouble often. In the past five months...

How can I know that my computer is hacked [ 4 Answers ]

How can I know that my computer is haked is that possible to hack any computer tell me how to prevent it

Partner is potentially suicidal [ 7 Answers ]

My boyfriend/partner is going through a very rough time and has had suicidal thoughts. When he gets like that, he feels that there is nothing good in his life and nothing will ever get better. He doesn't "hear" me when I tell him I love him and will stand by him and I think he's a wonderful...

View more questions Search