Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    DJ 'H' Posts: 1,109, Reputation: 114
    Ultra Member

Jun 22, 2006, 04:55 AM
    Boys names.
    I have already picked the most perfect girls name for my baby (if it happens to be a girl) - however I am having a hard time trying to find boys names I like. I want unusual, uncommon boys names.

Any ideas??
    RickJ Posts: 7,762, Reputation: 864
    Uber Member

Jun 22, 2006, 04:59 AM
    You might try looking at boys names sites especially at ones that list by popularity... so you can go to the bottom of the list for ideas. Seeing a bunch will help get the brain juices flowing - and help you think of even other similar ones.

... just a thought.

Curious; what girl name did you pick?
    DJ 'H' Posts: 1,109, Reputation: 114
    Ultra Member

Jun 22, 2006, 05:00 AM
    Cheers Rickj.

The girls name I have picked is:

'Isla Elizabeth'

What do you think?
    flower81 Posts: 303, Reputation: 7

Jun 22, 2006, 05:08 AM
    I like Isla Elizabeth, very original.

For a boy mmmm
    I like the name Drew a lot.
    colbtech Posts: 748, Reputation: 66

Jun 22, 2006, 05:12 AM
    Personally I like the olden english type names

Alfred, charles, george.

Maybe something less normal like Xander, Xerxes, Yuri, Otto, Paris or maybe Swindon.

Whatever you choose, remember the child has to go to school with this name and children are notoriously cruel if the name is a little odd.
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Jun 22, 2006, 05:23 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by colbtech
    Whatever you choose, remember the child has to go to school with this name and children are notoriously cruel if the name is a little odd.
    I totally agree with this. Too often I see kids whose names seem to be a vanity point for the parents. I'm also not a fan of gender unspecific names - Morgan, Taylor, Pat, Kim, etc...

I'd go with a good classical name that is not in the current top ten list. :)
    Tommyp!972 Posts: 300, Reputation: 36

Jun 22, 2006, 05:25 AM
    I was always fond of Magnus,Max Marcus,Drake,Trent,Logan,Yuri,Victor,Ranger...

There's my 2cents... have fun and congrats on whatever you have
    valinors_sorrow Posts: 2,927, Reputation: 653
    I regard all beings mostly by their consciousness and little else

Jun 22, 2006, 06:11 AM
    I don't have a name exactly but more of a suggestion...

I see you made a combo of an unusual, almost artistic name with a very classic one that goes back in time. (My middle name is Elizabeth too!)

Perhaps that same formula would work with for a boy's name?

For example... Rye James or Cobb Andrew (not especially good ones LOL but you get the drift!)
    Depressed in MO Posts: 571, Reputation: 94

Jun 22, 2006, 08:15 AM
    I like the name Caden
    kp2171 Posts: 5,318, Reputation: 1612
    Uber Member

Jun 28, 2006, 09:58 PM
    it helps to know the last name to understand the cadence, but I understand why you might not want to put the last name on the board. Maybe you could post a similar last name in sound or cadence or rhythm so we can help with a balanced name?

a friend just named her new daughter Mia. Not a name I would have ever thought of, but I like it! Its kind of fun to say "hi baby mia."

cousins sons name is Aiden... I like it. Probably more common now than it used to be.

lets see... we had a list of possibilities... ah! Found it.

not really uncommon but I've always liked Zach. I like abram. I like biblical names, but they're common... joshua, levi ( I love levi... its one of the few biblicals not overused and I think its cool), jesse, noah, lucifer... well, no... lets pass on that last one... =)

My son was named Daniel McLeod after his greatgrandfather who passed a few years ago. A very honorable and kind man. The family was very touched that we gave him the name daniel (told nobody beforehand), but we later found out that his middle name, McLeod, was given to the grandfather in honor of the doctor who delivered him. =) I guess the doctor had no children and after delivering a few of the siblings, he told the parents "this one's mine!" =)

others that aren't uncommon, but maybe not as prevalent that I like are... cole, austin, chase, bryce, kenan, luke, dylan

wife is italian and a few possibilities that were at least discussed were gianni (italian for john), nico (like nicholas), dani (for a girl)
    educatedhorse_2005 Posts: 500, Reputation: 78

Jun 29, 2006, 12:56 AM
    Name him after me Demon. Lol
    My next boys name will be Jericho.
    My girls name will be Anneka Renae.
    But honestly how many people do you know is named Demon
    JoeCanada76 Posts: 6,669, Reputation: 1707
    Uber Member

Jun 29, 2006, 03:57 AM
    Hello Holly,

How about Holden, Aiden, Christopher, Jeremiah, Aaron
    giggles Posts: 143, Reputation: 27

Jun 29, 2006, 04:41 AM
    I love the names

Joshua,
    Dmitry,
    Callum
    Dara (means oak tree in Irish)
    Fiach (pronounced Fee-och)
    Naoise (pronounced Nee-sha)
    Derren
    Myth Posts: 897, Reputation: 147

Jun 29, 2006, 05:10 AM
    I have always been partial to Gregory, Andrew, Charles and James... all very strong names to me... but Gregory is my fav.
    CaptainForest Posts: 3,645, Reputation: 393
    Ultra Member

Jun 29, 2006, 12:35 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by NeedKarma
    I totally agree with this. Too often I see kids whose names seem to be a vanity point for the parents. I'm also not a fan of gender unspecific names - Morgan, Taylor, Pat, Kim, etc...

I'd go with a good classical name that is not in the current top ten list. :)
    Isn't Kim a girls name?

Possible Boy Names:
    George
    Ben
    Michael
    Gabriel
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Jun 29, 2006, 02:06 PM
    I like:

Steven
    Joseph
    Michael
    William
    John
    David

Okay, so those are the firs and middle names of my sons, but they are my favorites.
    giggles Posts: 143, Reputation: 27

Jun 29, 2006, 02:44 PM
    "isn't Kim a girls name?"

It's used as a boys' name in Scandinavia I believe.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Jun 29, 2006, 02:47 PM
    I have seen some men use the name Kim, also a lot of times they spell it Kym.
    orange Posts: 1,364, Reputation: 197
    Ultra Member

Jun 29, 2006, 04:00 PM
    Well, my boys are Levi Yehuda and Noah Samuel. And my 2 nephews, who are staying with me right now, are Liam Aidan and Owen Eric. My friend named her new baby boy Kayden Remington, and if she has another boy she wants to name him Gavin. If I have another boy I want to name him Solomon or Benjamin. I like the name Alexander a lot too, but it's my husband's name, and he doesn't want any kids named after him! I also like Max and Gus.
    DrJ Posts: 1,328, Reputation: 339
    Ultra Member

Jun 29, 2006, 04:56 PM
    Kenton
    Kayden
    Kalib
    Asher
    Alexi
    Amond
    Noah
    Nevan
    Nigel
    Saxon
    Skyler
    Samien

Here's a good site with some different/unordinary names http://www.zoope.com/

Of course, like so many babies to be born in this generation, you could go with the bound-to-be-popular DrJizzle ;)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

I Hate Boys [ 7 Answers ]

Don`t u just hate it when guys are so confused? Well I just recently broke up with my boyfriend. We`ve been going out since July so that`s about 6 months really. In the beginning it is always fine, everything is great and you think he`s "the one". But then all we did was fight and fight because...

Incredible boys [ 3 Answers ]

My son is 6 and he is giving me a hard time listening. I have been trying to give him more attention since our 5 month old arrived but its just inpossible to find the time to make every one happy. When I ask him a simple task like to eat his lunch or change his clothes (when dirty) he just...

Boys [ 8 Answers ]

Thought I pass this on from my daughter............... You find out interesting things when you have sons, like: 1.) A king size waterbed holds enough water to fill a 2000 sq. ft. house 4 inches deep. 2.) If you spray hair spray on dust bunnies and run over them with roller blades,...

Stuk between boys [ 1 Answers ]

OK I am almost fifteen but according to my parents they won't let me date until I am 16 but ia m but now that I am with this guy his cuzin likes me and this guy I have liked since like ever likes me and now I have no idea what to do I mean I like all of them and I don't want to choose because it is...

Boys Are So Confusing And Annoying! [ 4 Answers ]

I went to a concert and met this really cute, flirtatous, sweet guy... or so I thought. Later on when we were about to go our separate ways, he gave me his number, then we kissed and hugged goodbye . So a few days later I finally worked up the nerve to call him. He didn't answer, but called me back...

View more questions Search