Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    bross331 Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Nov 15, 2008, 02:33 PM
    Dell inspiron1501 won't boot up
    I have a dell inspiron 1501. One min it was working fine then I got a white screen. I shut it off and tried to restart it. I can hear the fan and see the power light and the activity light on the cd rom blinking, but I get nothing on the screen... any suggestions
    seahwk83 Posts: 3,276, Reputation: 212
    Ultra Member

Nov 15, 2008, 05:13 PM

Any chance still in warranty?

-what you can try is to remove AC pwr and try to start with just the battery

-try to start with just the AC and the battery removed

-attach an exteranl monitor to see if that will work, if external works, it would indicate issue with monitor
    npb575s Posts: 19, Reputation: 1

Nov 18, 2008, 05:48 PM
    Also would advice doing a hard reset. Pull the batt. Out and unplug the laptop from the adapter. Press and hold the power button down for 10 to 15 seconds and then try putting the batt back in and plugging the adapter back in. seahwk83's advice is great for narrowing down the bad component.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Dell wireless won't connect [ 1 Answers ]

I have a Dell Inspiron, and the wireless network won't connect to the router or network, other computeres work well with ht erouter and so did my computer until 2 days ago, it shows the available connection but won't connect to it. All the hadrware shows up fine and in good order but won't...

Pc won't boot normally [ 3 Answers ]

Hi there! I have a problem with my PC,this is what goes on,after pressing the turn on switch the PC goes through the POST check then after identifiyng the drives it stops and does nothing,HELP!!

Dell Laptop won't connect to wireless [ 4 Answers ]

I have a dell inspirion 1501 and I have had it since last christmas and the internet isn't working on it... I don't use cable I use the wireless from Time Warner and anyway my PC works but my laptop just won't connect Please HELP

Won't boot [ 2 Answers ]

Hi After trying to overclock my PC (no Experienace)it now won't reboot,all I get is a black screen with no signal message. I have tried takeing the cmos battery out and replacing.. HELP...

Canon USB Printer Hangs XP Boot on Dell [ 2 Answers ]

My Canon MP 390 USB Printer hangs XP boot on a Dell 8300. Boots fine with printer not hooked-up. Boots with other USB devices. All USB hubs show up in Device Manager. Clean re-load of XP, SP2 and current BIOS don't help. Maybe an IRQ conflict? Or What?

View more questions Search