Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    simou chame Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 15, 2008, 11:36 AM
    Manacled with social anxiety
    I have social anxiety ,am I have to see a psychologyst or I can treat myself Knowing that psychology in my country is not that Advanced?
    Answer me please
    sunshineangel Posts: 43, Reputation: 7

Nov 17, 2008, 03:33 PM

Well it's always good to start with an expert like a doctor but sometimes there are steps you can take before that so that the costs aren't so much. I would recommend figuring out what it is exactly that produces your anxiety. Probably not a very hard thing to do because it's pretty obvious when you start feeling anxious. If you can sidestep those things avoid them in your everyday life. However if that is not an option you can take there are things you can do to relieve some of that anxiety.

Some of these things won't work but some of them might. I don't know when exactly your social anxiety effects you but for most it's when talking in front of people. You can focus on something other than the task at hand. Lots of people pay attention to their breathing or they run a hand over their paper or they rub some kind of lucky object. Other people imagine their audience in the nude or imagine they're talking to their best friend. Some other people use their mind by telling themselves it doesn't really matter if I screw up because it's not really going to affect my future in the long term. Sort of analyzing what is the worse thing that could happen. These sometimes don't help. There are like a gillion websites you can go to on this and if you have libraries you can check out books on it too. Use your resources your likely to find some solutions without having to go to a psycologist.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Social Anxiety. [ 5 Answers ]

Hi, I'm 23. Also a university student and I have a good job. For the past 2 years, I discovered something about myself that I wish I hadn't uncovered. One day, I pretty much fell into a deep hole of loniless. I did not want to speak with anyone I knew and I wasn't living with my family. The...

Social Anxiety/depression [ 30 Answers ]

I'm 16 and have been dealing with severe social anxiety for about 10 years. It has turned into social phobia. I can't go anywhere by myself. I avoid going to school because I can't stand being around others. I think some of it has to do with being sexually molested by my brother for 2 years. ...

Social anxiety issues [ 1 Answers ]

I have had problems with social anxiety since my freshman year in high school. I had a horrible time that year and had many serious problems with anxiety- for example, I'd have anxiety attacks at school and cry before school all the time because I was so scared to have to go and talk to people. I...

Social anxiety sadness what is this [ 3 Answers ]

I am a mom to three boys and a wonderful husband. I have had this feeling for a long time and it was pretty bad today .Today we were traveling to go to visit my husband's family. From the moment I wake up, I feel like tears are going to come and I really can't even figure out what it is that is...

Daughers social anxiety and depression [ 5 Answers ]

Hello. My daughter, age 24, is definitely depressed, overwhelmed (has 2 small children and single mom with very low income) She is so socially phobic that she can not seem to get out of her "rut". Has the same job since she was 16, part time, low wages etc. because she is "comfortable" there as...

View more questions Search