Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    loriinbus Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 14, 2008, 05:12 PM
    Product Return & Refund Laws in NC
    HI
    We sold customized prodcuts to a customer. The customer approved and agreed to our process via email-there is a return and refund policy clearly stated with each email confirmation customers receive.
    The customer contacted us within a week that she was not satisfied with her custom order and it was not what she thought she was getting. We offered to remake the merchandise if she would return them. She refused to pay for the return shipping-also stated in our confirmation email-and stated her deadline was over and reproduction was not possible. She immediately threatened with legal action. We told her to return the merchandise and we would process her claim. She had a lawyer contact us stating that our restocking fee was not applicable to her situation and that she should be given a 100% refund on all merchandise plus shipping. We issued labels for her to return the merchandise, at our expense. We sent pick up attempts, at our expense. She refuses to return the merchandise until we guarantee 100% refund. We replied that the merchandise would have to be returned and inspected by us, before any claims could be processed. She still refuses to return the merchandise and states she will continue her legal action if we do not guarantee 100% refund before we have even received the merchandise since they have been in her possession.
    Will our attempt to retrieve the merchandise, as well as our return policies hold up in court? Especially since we offered to remake and replace the product, and have paid to have them picked up twice?
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Nov 15, 2008, 05:12 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by loriinbus View Post
    Will our attempt to retrieve the merchandise, as well as our return policies hold up in court? Especially since we offered to remake and replace the product, and have paid to have them picked up twice?
    Hello lori:

I think it should.

excon
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Nov 15, 2008, 08:30 AM

In a word - as long as you have complied with the return/refund policy as much as you can with or without the customer's cooperation, yes, I see you prevailing in Court for the cost of the order PLUS your additional expenses. (Some people can never be satisifed and your customer sounds like one of them.)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

International marriage and divorce laws in regard to american laws [ 3 Answers ]

Dateline: U.S. resident from panama in national guard gets stationed in panama and gets married U.S. resident comes back from panama (without wife cause she does not want to leave her country) U.S. resident becomes a naturalized citizen of U. S. Naturalized U. S. citizen gets american...

Tax Return and claiming refund [ 2 Answers ]

This is in regard to my filing tax return in US for year 2007 and claiming refund. I have come from India to US in Oct'07 under L1 visa for the first time. I work for USA company and get paid by them. The company have withheld tax (as per W2) for period Oct-Dec'07. As an.. fyi.. I...

I need to calculate the full product unit cost of both the 12pack and 2-liter product [ 1 Answers ]

I have raw materials costs 3% loss of raw materials, because of packaging requirements Packing materials costs 2% damaged materials Manufacturing expense Truck delivery fee Storage fee Wages p/year Manufacturing costs p/yr.

Product adaptation and standardisation of product [ 3 Answers ]

What is actual meaning n definition for adaptation and standardisation of product in local as well as international market? Give me with the suitable examples of german and japanies products

Late filing for New York state return with refund [ 1 Answers ]

Hi AtlantaTaxExpert! We are filing a state tax return in New York but still awaiting for my ITIN. We have a refund. I checked the NY website it says there that we shoud file an extension even though we don't owe any tax. Since we were not able to apply for an extension before the filing due date,...

View more questions Search