Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    juice2405 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Nov 14, 2008, 03:05 PM
    Brother is withhold my heritance from me
    My parents passed away and my brother is the ecexcuetive of their estate I believe he is withholding my portion of my inheritance from me what do u do about this? Where do I start?
    stinawords Posts: 2,071, Reputation: 150
    Ultra Member

Nov 14, 2008, 03:10 PM

Well for starters was there a will? What do you think is being kept from you? It is always recommended to get a lawyer to assist you. How long ago did they pass? I'm sorry but there is a lot more information needed before anything can really be answered.
    juice2405 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Nov 14, 2008, 03:21 PM
    Part 2 of brother is witholding inheritnance
    If u read the first one by me this is some more answers because I don't know how to edit my 1st one. There was no will so there fore everything has to be split equally 3 ways cause there is 3 siblings, My parents passed away almost a year ago. I believe My sister and brother have seen there part of the inheritance But I have not seen anything.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Nov 14, 2008, 04:01 PM

I don't have time to combine your posts I am running out the door, but no we don't know what you posted on your "other" post, this is not a blog, all we know is what you posted here on this post.
    stinawords Posts: 2,071, Reputation: 150
    Ultra Member

Nov 14, 2008, 04:41 PM

Do you have any idea how much you are supposed to receive? Remember that the executor first has to use the assets of the estate to pay off all debts that your parents had before anything can be split between the three of you. So, if you think it will be worth the money for a lawyer then hire one and get the portion that is yours.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Nov 14, 2008, 05:41 PM

Your threads have been merged. You don't edit a previous post, you add an answder to the thread.

What you need to do is demand an accounting of the estate. If they refuse, then you need to get an attorney to do it.
    cdad Posts: 12,700, Reputation: 1438
    Internet Research Expert

Nov 14, 2008, 09:18 PM

Just curious.. how old are you ?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Taxes on International Heritance transferred to the US [ 10 Answers ]

I am of Eastern Europe origin. My family overseas has just won a 15 years lawsuit against a East European government owned company. The dispute was a piece of land that belonged to my grandfather. We (my overseas family and I) are now the rightful owner of this piece of land. We will be selling...

F1 OPT status tax withhold [ 1 Answers ]

Hello, I am a F1 student and just got my OPT due next Oct. Right now I am working full-time. Do I need to pay the Social Security in W-2? Am I the exempt individual? Thank you very much, Irene

H1b OPT expenses not withhold [ 5 Answers ]

Hi Experts, I was unaware :( about the fact that if you work as a consultant on OPT/H1B and work at different client site, you can claim expenses which is not taxable. Hence, my entire income between April-August was taxed. (Started on OPT this April and on H1b this october) Can I recover...

My guy withhold sex [ 8 Answers ]

I've been with my boy friend for 9 months and he like to withhold sex from me. He would tell me that he wants to have a real relationship, and not based on sex. I get angry at him and say mean things to get him to give it up. I am a attractive girl.. What's his deal??

View more questions Search