Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    aamimom Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 14, 2008, 10:24 AM
    How do I get rid of inherited share of house I do not want?
    I inherited 1/2 house from mom. For 2 years sister refused to sell house even when we received 2 offers. Sister refused to buy me out. I do not want house, it is in very bad shape and I live out of state. Each month I am forced to pay 1/2 of expenses for taxes, insurance and utilities. House is listed for sale but sister refuses to lower price to reasonable one. Attorney I retained has not been helpful. I was threatened with lawsuit if I did not continue to pay. I would like to donate my 1/2 to sister and be done, but she will not sign papers. What else can I do to get out of this?
    LisaB4657 Posts: 3,662, Reputation: 534
    Expert

Nov 14, 2008, 01:11 PM
    Your sister doesn't have to sign any papers. If you're willing to give her your share of the house and not receive anything in return then you can just prepare, sign and record a deed transferring your share of the house to her.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Is the house inherited property? [ 6 Answers ]

My mother passed in May leaving my brother and I both executors and beneficiaries of her estate. It turns out, without either of our knowledge, she changed her deed to make herself, myself, and my brother "joint tenants with survivorship" This transfer was made in March 2003 and she passed in May...

Inherited House Tax [ 10 Answers ]

My wife and brother-in-law inherited their late father’s house. He willed 50% to each. The house value at the time of his death was $244K (tax assessment). The house had an $86K mortgage, which was paid off out of the estate assets. My wife and I are very well off so she decided to “sell” her...

Tax consequences of inherited house [ 4 Answers ]

I live in California. My two sisters and I are beneficiaries in our step-mother's will which leaves us the family home, as well as her bank accounts, upon her death. There has been some talk about selling the home now and putting the proceeds into her bank account. She is in an assisted living...

Inherited house 3 sisters [ 2 Answers ]

3 sisters inherited mother's house - no mortgage. 1 sisters wants to buy and live in the house. Another sister is willing own 1/3 of house but not live in the house. The sister who will live in the house will buy out the third sister. Question is the sister who owns 1/3 of the house - what taxes is...

View more questions Search